Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
- Prey-size Plastics are Invading Larval Fish Nurseries
12 November 2019
- Botswana is humanity's ancestral home, claims major study – well, actually …
31 October 2019
- Lab-grown mini brains: we can't dismiss the possibility that they could one day outsmart us
25 October 2019
- £4m boost for 5G research in Wales
17 October 2019
- Wales could save billions of pounds a year through investing in a healthier workforce
17 October 2019
- Read all news