Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Providing environments, events and activities to help introduce new thinking, methods and processes to engender attitudes and behaviours that lead to innovation
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
Research Support for BU staff
- MSc Tropical Forestry students publish findings from their research in Ghana
11 October 2017
- A popularity contest in the robotic petting zoo - ESRC Impact Acceleration Award
10 October 2017
- Monumental arts project changing perceptions in Welsh care homes
10 October 2017
- Five-country survey of carers highlights continuing delays in dementia diagnosis across countries
3 October 2017
- Bigger, more intensive dairy farms may also mean bigger milk footprints
29 September 2017
- Read all news
- There are no forthcoming events in the calendar
- View all events