Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Providing environments, events and activities to help introduce new thinking, methods and processes to engender attitudes and behaviours that lead to innovation
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
Research Support for BU staff
- Unused £321m trapped on dormant Oyster cards – and time may be running out to get it back
17 July 2018
- Bangor University Professor Discovers "Lost" Kubrick Screenplay
16 July 2018
- Pristine Antarctic fjords contain similar levels of microplastics to open oceans near big civilisations
16 July 2018
- Brain Cancer stem cells manipulated on a ‘lab on chip’ for first time
11 July 2018
- Codi’r To music project brings harmony to homes and social value to schools and communites
10 July 2018
- Read all news