Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Providing environments, events and activities to help introduce new thinking, methods and processes to engender attitudes and behaviours that lead to innovation
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
Research Support for BU staff
- The Visceral Mind Summer School
18 September 2018
- ‘High-yield’ farming costs the environment less than previously thought – and could help spare habitats
14 September 2018
- Insulin pumps are no better – but are more expensive – than injection devices for children in the first year after diagnosis with Type 1 Diabetes
13 September 2018
- Free school meal funds help pay for school trips too – but self-imposed stigma stops parents claiming
6 September 2018
- Life's purpose rests in our mind's spectacular drive to extract meaning from the world
4 September 2018
- Read all news