Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
- New innovation receives Meterological Society Award
24 May 2019
- New research at Bangor University helps shed light on the possibility of past life on Venus
22 May 2019
- Mobile app helping chemotherapy patients stay safe during treatment at Ysbyty Gwynedd
20 May 2019
- Flexible and omnipresent Baboons could be at risk
16 May 2019
- Responding to adverse childhood experiences - An evidence review
16 May 2019
- Read all news