Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Providing environments, events and activities to help introduce new thinking, methods and processes to engender attitudes and behaviours that lead to innovation
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
Research Support for BU staff
- Landfill sites: not just a load of rubbish
22 August 2017
- Independent music labels are creating their own streaming services to give artists a fair deal
18 August 2017
- Migrating birds use a magnetic map to travel long distances
18 August 2017
- Bird-brained? Not at all: Reed Warblers reveal a magnetic map
17 August 2017
- Historic wrecks to assist Wales’ marine renewable energy future
14 August 2017
- Read all news
- There are no forthcoming events in the calendar
- View all events