Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Providing environments, events and activities to help introduce new thinking, methods and processes to engender attitudes and behaviours that lead to innovation
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
Research Support for BU staff
- Starfish can see in the dark (among other amazing abilities)
16 February 2018
- Welsh people want more done to prevent illness and improve their health - even if it means spending less on healthcare
16 February 2018
- Positive psychology helps brain injury survivors recover with a better outlook on life
15 February 2018
- UK criminal justice is at breaking point after years of unstable leadership
14 February 2018
- Creative Writing Lecturer reaches prestigious long-list
11 February 2018
- Read all news