Please ensure all entry requirements below are considered and addressed fully in your personal statement. Please note that this course is not currently offered to international students.
Early applications for admission to the programme are encouraged. Applications should be made using Bangor University’s online application system but informal enquiries are welcome. Please also read the Guidance Notes.
Please note that this programme has limited numbers.
All entry requirements carry the same weighting and must be met prior to applying for this programme. Please ensure each entry requirement is accounted for in your personal statement.
- All applicants must demonstrate an understanding of the implications of receiving a funded place in Wales.
- All applications must demonstrate a clear and broad understanding of Physiotherapy, accompanied by reflections on recent work experience in Physiotherapy or related health care environments.
- To apply for the Post Graduate Diploma in Physiotherapy, all applicants must have achieved a minimum 2.2 classification or (overseas equivalent) in a relevant undergraduate field of study. To establish the relevancy of your previous study, you are advised to look at the modules within the programme of study you have completed and explain in your application why these would prepare you for this programme.
- Higher degrees or (overseas equivalent) will be considered.
- All applicants must have graduated from this study within the last 5 years.
- The English language requirements for applicants whose first language is not Welsh or English: IELTS 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each component (or equivalent).
- All applications will be reviewed on an individual basis.
When to Apply?
We have one Physiotherapy training programme per year and this currently runs from January to December.
We accept applications throughout the year, but we would advise that you send in applications early as we have limited places available. Additionally to ensure that you have time to make any funding and/or accommodation arrangements, and for documents such as transcripts and references to be obtained if not submitted with the application. This will also give you more time to meet any conditions we may potentially attach to an offer.
Our Selection Process for this course
If your application is successful, we will invite you to a selection event.
The selection event will consist of three activities:
- A writing task, submitted in advance.
- A group activity.
- An individual Interview.
After the selection event, if successful we will make you an offer. Please be aware that any offer made will be time dependent (exact time will be given to you with the offer), If you fail to respond in this period, any offer made will be invalid and this place will be offered to another candidate.