Information technology services
To help you in your studies we provide a range of learning resources supported by experienced staff. IT Services provides Computing, AV and Printing/Binding facilities and services.
Our aim is to provide the very best Information Technology facilities and resources for you, and to help you use them. We offer;
- Over 1,000 computers for student use
- Nine computer rooms open 24 hours every day
- Every bedroom in every hall has WIFI access at speeds equivalent to local domestic broadband.
- Wireless network areas in all libraries plus a variety of common and study areas in most teaching buildings so you can access the internet from your laptop or mobile device
- A wide range of specialist software which is available in all our computer rooms, with the vast majority also available to use from your own computer anywhere you have an internet connection
- A range of educational technology including the Blackboard on-line learning environment with course notes, discussion boards, announcement pages and much more
- A helpdesk and advisory service to help you use IT – available by phone, in person, or by e-mail
- On-line services to save you time (which modules am I studying? what are my marks?) through My Bangor
- A printing and binding unit for volume printing and to bind your project/thesis
- The very best for students with disabilities: the University can assist your application for the Disabled Students Allowance to help you access the assistive technology and support you need for your studies. We also provide specialised computing facilities for the sole use of disabled students or those with additional needs. The rooms contain computers running a range of assistive software, Braille embosser, Rainbow scanner, CCTV magnifier and height adjustable furniture.
Learning Support Services
- Educational Technology Services to support staff and students in using technology in their teaching and learning
- Web and multimedia production services that are responsible for the Study Support Centre that helps students with special needs to use the multimedia facilities
- Audiovisual Services who are responsible for Classroom Support Services. These services also support the University's video-conferencing suites, which allow collaboration with academics all over the world
- The Printing & Binding Unit (Normal Site) which provides students with access to digital colour printing facilities, dissertation binding and laminating. They also offer an advisory service on graphic design and print presentation.