Postgraduate Student Life
The city and location
Bangor is located in North Wales between the mountains of Snowdonia and the sea. It is less than two hours away from Liverpool and Manchester and is three and a half hours from London, by direct train from Euston.
With a population of around 10,000 students from across the globe, the University has a diverse and cosmopolitan atmosphere, and is renowned for being friendly and welcoming.
Things to see and do...
The city has a good mix of high street shops, supermarkets, cafés, restaurants and bars and everything is within easy reach of the main University buildings and student accommodation.
North Wales blends stunning coastlines with breathtaking mountains, providing the perfect sanctuary for those who take pleasure in the outdoors, and is also home to two of the three UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Wales.
- An advice service that is free and confidential
- A personal tutor/supervisor in your academic School
- Student Services are on call during the day and there is a warden on call at evenings and weekends at all our Halls of Residence. Our security team operates 24 hours a day.
- Representation and personal support and advice on a variety of problems through the Students' Union Welfare Advice Centre
- Nightline, a confidential support service run during the night by students for students
- A team of staff volunteers is available to deal with any serious incident which occurs outside normal University hours
- Health care in daily surgeries where you don't need an appointment. You will need to register with a local General Practitioner. We also have a nurse who can make visits to your accommodation when necessary
- An adviser for International Students
- A room where local postgraduate students who live at home and travel to the University each day, can spend their free time
Students with disabilities, including dyslexia and mental health problems
The University welcomes applications from disabled students and aims to provide equality of opportunity for all. For more information please see our Student Support Services pages.