The Chinese Bridge Competition
You are invited to participate in the first round of the Chinese Bridge competition!
Time & Date
to be confirmed in January 2022
The Chinese Bridge – Chinese Proficiency Competition – is a large-scale international Chinese contest organised annually by Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) and it provides an important platform in terms of cultural and educational exchanges worldwide.
The format for the first competition round is as follows:
Giving a speech on your own chosen topic: 3 minutes. This should include a brief section on introducing yourself in Chinese.
A cultural knowledge quiz: 2 minutes. You should answer 6 questions (including 4 questions on Chinese Language, 1 questions on Chinese culture and history and 1 questions on Chinese news and geography).
Personal talent demonstration: 3 minutes. Chinese cultural performance (e.g. Chinese Kong fu, Tai chi, paper-cutting, calligraphy, painting, playing of Chinese musical instruments, singing and dancing and so on).
To secure your place for the first round of the competition, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01248 388555
- University students.
- Non-Chinese nationality, born and grow up out of China, whose first language is not Chinese.
- Have not participated in this competition before.
Competition format and prizes
Participation Process includes preliminary rounds (held in UK) and Semi-finals and finals (held in China).
All applicants must pass the preliminary test at Bangor Confucius Institute.
The first two candidates of each country will attend the global secondary test in China (transportation and food and accommodations are covered by the committee).
- The first two candidates of the preliminary test will attend a secondary test which will be held in London.
- The candidates who pass the secondary test will attend the finals for the UK competition.
- The preliminary tests should be completed by (date to be confirmed)
- The deadline for uploading the applications for the candidates attending the secondary test in London should be by (date to be confirmed)
- The secondary test will be arranged (date t obe confirmed)
The winners of the preliminary and secondary competitions will be awarded prizes by the organisers.
The Final prizes for the UK competitions are:
- £400 for 1st Place (one winner)
- £300 for 2nd Place (one winner)
- £200 for 3rd Place (two winners)
- £100 for 4th Place (three winners)
The 1st and the 2nd prize winners will have the chance to represent UK in the semi-finals and the finals in China.