HSK Level 1 Mandarin Course
The Confucius Institute’s courses follow the Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) curriculum, which is a globally recognised programme for Chinese language proficiency of non-native Chinese speakers. For your information, the HSK course levels have been mapped to the Common European Framework (CEFR) for Languages (please see here). Once you have completed your HSK course you have the option of taking the HSK Test, which is a formal recognition of your Chinese language ability and demonstrates your skills to potential employers, universities, and other international organisations.
Confucius Institute at Bangor University is an official HSK testing centre so you will be able to take the test after you have completed your studies. Please note that the exam fee is not included in the course.
Each academic year we offer Mandarin evening courses ranging from Beginners HSK Level 1 to Advanced HSK Level 6. Our courses usually commence in September, January and May.
Details of our next courses to be confirmed.
HSK Level 1HSK 1: Register now!
The course is designed for English speaking adults who are complete beginners with little or no knowledge of Chinese language.
On successful completion of this course, the students should be able to:
- Attain all features of the A1 Levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Master pinyin and the Mandarin phonetic system
- Exchange everyday greetings for themselves and others
- Ask and respond to simple questions including dates, age, nationality, locations, weather.
- Participate in basic conversation concerning work, travel and shopping.
- Develop a speaking vocabulary of 150 of the most commonly used words.
- Develop knowledge of fifty basic grammar points.
- Develop a written vocabulary of 150 words.
- Understand simple Chinese etiquette and customs in relation to course content.
- Members of the public £110
- Bangor University students and staff £90
For enquiries and further details, please contact email@example.com