- The Confucius Institute at Bangor University celebrates its 10th Anniversary!
15 November 2022
- Bangor Confucius Institute Hosts its first Forum on Climate Change Impact on International Trade and Health Law!
25 September 2022
- Confucius institute hosts another English language and culture summer school online!
1 August 2022
- Confucius Institute hosts its second Mandarin summer school online!
25 July 2022
- Chinese students join online Summer school on Critical thinking outside the Box!
17 July 2022
- Read all news
- CONFUCIUS INSTITUTE OPEN DAYS: Chinese Paper Cutting!
Friday 3 February 2023, 11:30–13:30
- CONFUCIUS INSTITUTE OPEN DAYS: Dough Figurine!
Friday 10 February 2023, 11:30–13:30
- CONFUCIUS INSTITUTE OPEN DAYS: Chinese Zodiac Signs!
Friday 17 February 2023, 11:30–13:30
- CONFUCIUS INSTITUTE OPEN DAYS: Cross Stitch!
Friday 24 February 2023, 11:30–13:30
- View all events
Culture – Learning – Research
Welcome to the Confucius Institute at Bangor University; an international collaboration between Bangor University and China University of Political Science and Law (CUPL) in Beijing. The Confucius Institute have new support and governance structure, comprising of the newly established Chinese International Education Foundation (CIEF), non-governmental charitable organisation, including an alliance of Chinese universities amongst which, Peking University, Fudan University, Beijing Language and Culture University, and other social organisations and companies.
The Confucius Institute is also supported by the Centre for Language Education and Cooperation (CLEC) which develops the National Chinese Language Proficiency standards across the world and provide a platform and resources for education and research partnerships.
Bangor University’s Confucius Institute is a multi-disciplinary central Institute of Bangor University that aims to provide the people of north Wales with the opportunity to experience and learn more about Chinese culture and language.
With a rich programme of cultural events, language provision and academic research, the Institute is an invaluable portal for cultural, educational and intellectual exchange between north Wales and China. From Anglesey in west Wales to Wrexham in the east, we aim to inspire and engage across the community, and we hope that you will be part of our journey.
Please visit this website regularly for updates. If you would like us to contact you with information about upcoming events and activities, including Chinese (Mandarin) language courses, please sign up to our mailing list to receive updates via email. You can also find us on Facebook.