Marketing & Soc Media Communic
Marketing and Social Media Communications 2023-24
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 1
This module covers marketing communications theories and the various tools available to marketers in communicating their messages to their audiences. There is a particular emphasis on the challenges and opportunities of social media communications including how to use social media effectively. Traditional marketing communication tools such as advertising, sales promotion, public relations and exhibitions, branding and sponsorship will be examined in relation to their evolution with the rise of social media. Evaluation of integrated marketing communications plan and social media communications campaigns will also be considered. The importance of integrated marketing communications (IMC) and how to develop an IMC plan is examined.
-threshold -D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. -good -B- to B+ (60-69%): Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills. -excellent -A- to A (70% +):* Outstanding performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills. -another level-C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Apply the tools and techniques used by marketers in developing marketing communications.
- Demonstrate an ability to explain and discuss the theories and principles underlying marketing communication practice.
- Demonstrate an ability to explain and discuss various marketing communication tools, their characteristics and objectives as part of the integrated marketing communications plan.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concept of integration in planning and executing marketing communications campaigns.
- Develop a creative and effective integrated marketing communications plan.
- Evaluate examples of effective and ineffective social media communications campaigns.
A midterm test consisting of multiple choice questions and short answers focusing on marketing communications theories and tools.
IMC Plan: Students will work in teams of two (pairs) to develop an integrated marketing communications plan for a real business. The plan should include three new ideas of marketing communications for the chosen business