Web Technologies 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 2
Indicative content includes:
- Basic principles of the structured Web.
- Syntax of HTML5 markup, CSS selectors, CSS box-model and synergetic layout techniques.
- Programming tools and environments of Web development.
- Established contemporary techniques such as web-fonts, icon-fonts, resource minification and responsiveness.
- Basics of search-engine optimisation and visitor analytics.
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Appreciate standards involved in Web development.
- Demonstrate effective use of client-side mark-up and scripting languages for building websites and web-applications.
- Explain the key concepts under-pining building and running websites and web-applications .
- Use appropriate tools and techniques to develop, test and debug web sites.
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)
MCQ Test (Lab-based)
Build a Personal Webpage
Logbook Or Portfolio
3 Lab-based exercises