Signal Processing & Tranducers
Signal Processing & Tranducers 2023-24
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 2
Indicative content includes:
- Time and frequency response of linear systems, Z-transform; Continuous and discrete signals; Sampling theory; Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT) and Fast Fourier Transform (FFT); Digital Signal Processing (DSP) theory and systems; FIR and IIR filters; Deterministic and stochastic signals; Classical spectral estimation; Analogue to Digital Conversion.
- Limitations of FIR and IIR filter design methods; Effects of finite word length and sampling on DSP systems; Effect of windowing and averaging on spectral estimation.
- Design methods for FIR and IIR filters; Design of spectral estimation systems.
- Analyse and design of digital signal processing systems.
- Characterise a given Digital Signal Processing system, relating analog input to its digital output and the equivalent analog system.
- Compute the characteristics of digital signal processing systems and transducors using appropriate theory.
- Evaluate the main limitations and sources of error in digital signal processing systems and methods of minimising their effect.