Forestry and Environmental Management degrees (TRANSFOR-M) MSc
- Name: Forestry and Environmental Management degrees (TRANSFOR-M)
- Qualification: MSc
- Duration: 2 years (full-time)
This course is a two-year taught masters programme leading to a European degree and a Canadian degree (i.e. a dual degree) in forestry and environmental management. The programme is offered by a consortium of seven universities, three in Canada and four in the European Union (EU).
Students spend one year at a Canadian university and one year at an EU university; they also attend two three-week summer field courses, one in Canada and one in the EU.
The partners in the TRANSFOR-M consortium are:
- Albert-Ludwigs-University, Freiburg, Germany
- Bangor University, Wales, UK
- University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden
- University of New Brunswick, Canada
- University of Alberta, Canada
- University of British Columbia, Canada
Bangor University degrees available under TRANSFOR-M are:
- MSc Agroforestry
- MSc Conservation and Land Management
- MSc Environmental Forestry
Canadian degrees available under TRANSFOR-M are:
- Master of Environmental Management (University of New Brunswick)
- Master of Forestry (University of New Brunswick)
- Master of Forest Engineering (University of New Brunswick)
- MSc Forestry (University of New Brunswick)
- MSc Forest Engineering (University of New Brunswick)
- MSc (University of Alberta)
- Master of Forestry (University of Alberta)
- Master of Forestry (University of British Columbia)
Students apply to one of the consortium universities and must be selected by both it and a partner university. Selection will favour students with strong academic records, experience, and credentials that indicate serious interest in international work.
Students from the EU are strongly recommended to spend their first year at a Canadian university and their second year at a university in the EU.
TRANSFOR-M students from the EU have a ’home’ university in the EU and a ’host’ university in Canada. TRANSFOR-M students from Canada have a ’home’ university in Canada and a ’host’ university in the EU. Students pay ’home’ university tuition fees throughout the two years of study.
Information on fees at Bangor University is available here.
Course content is for guidance purposes only and may be subject to change.
For information and further detailed guidance on entry requirements for International Students, including the minimum English Language entry requirement, please visit the Entry Requirements by Country pages on the International Education Centre section of our website.
Ask the IEC for assistance...
If you want advice or a general chat about what’s available contact the International Education Centre on +44 (0) 1248 382028 or email email@example.com
You should submit the following documents to the TRANSFOR-M adviser at your chosen ’home’ university:
- TRANSFOR-M application form
- Curriculum vitae form
- Letters of recommendation form (2 letters needed)
- Letter of intent (not more than two pages)
- Academic transcripts of current and previous degrees
- Evidence of English language skills (if English is not your first language)
Please note that the deadline for applications is 15 January 2019, and that late applications are not accepted.
Applications will be considered at a meeting of the TRANSFOR-M consortium. Selection will be done by a panel of academics representing the seven partner universities. Successful applicants will be notified soon after the meeting.