Modules for course C1CP | MSCI/MBZP
MSci Marine Biology and Zoology with Placement Year
This is a provisional list of modules to be offered on this course in the 2022–23 academic year.
The list may not be complete, and the final course content may be different.
You can also view the modules offered in the year 2021–22.
OSX-1002 Marine Biology Practical 1 (20) (Full Term)
BNS-1004 Principles of Life 1 (20) (Full Term)
BNS-1002 Organismal Diversity (20) (Semester 1)
DNS-1003 Ecology & Evolution (20) (Semester 2)
ONC-1001 or ONS-1001 Choose between the Welsh or English medium version of the module
ONS-1001 Environmental data & analysis (20) (Full Term)
ONC-1001 Dadansoddi Data Amgylcheddol Cymraeg (20) (Full Term)
OSC-1000 or OSX-1000 Choose between the Welsh or English version of the module
- OSX-2003: Marine Biology Practical II (20)
- OSX-2009: Marine Ecology (20)
- BSX-2022: Vertebrate Biology (20)
40 credits from:
- BNS-3003: Freshwater Ecosystems 2 (20) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3020: Sharks and their Relatives (20) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3023: Marine Mammal Science (20) (Semester 1)
- BSX-3139: Molecular Ecology & Evolution (20) (Semester 1)
- BSX-3159: Parasites & Pathogens (Yr3) (20) (Semester 1)
- Students must take at least 40 credits of Biological Sciences modules (BSX...) during the year (either from this section or the one further down).
10 credits from:
- OSX-3014: Larval Ecology (10) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3015: Overseas Field Course VIMS USA (10) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3015 takes place during the summer before the start of the 3rd year. Studens register for it in February of their 2nd year.
40 credits from:
- OSX-3001: Marine Conservation & Exploit. (20) (Semester 2)
- OSX-3002: Marine Ecosystems & Processes (20) (Semester 2)
- OSX-3019: Fish Biology and Ecology (20) (Semester 2)
- BSX-3144: Animal Survival Strategies (20) (Semester 2)
- BSX-3150: Life in a Changing Climate (20) (Semester 2)
- BSX-3152: Life in Wetlands (20) (Semester 2)