Intro to Employee Life-Cycle
Introduction to Employee Life-Cycle 2023-24
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 2
Topics may include but will not be limited to:-
Historical Development of the HR function. Strategic HRM & HRM strategy. The role of the HR practitioner. Human resourcing. Human resource planning. Recruitment and selection. Facilitating learning and development. Reward and performance management. The employment relationship Managing diversity Health & well-being Employment law Handling and managing information & analytics
-threshold -D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
-good -B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-excellent -A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding Performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-another level-C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Describe and evaluate key theory, processes and practice relating to the employee lifecycle
- Describe the historical development of HRM as a strategic partner within the business
- Develop an awareness of how HRM is contextual through exploring HR in public, private, SMEs and not-for-profit organisations
- Develop an awareness of important legislation including (but not limited to); managing diversity, health and well-being, and managing information & analytics
- Understand the role of the CIPD, the HR practitioner and HR function within organisations
ESSAY Individualassignment Essay on an HRM topic. 2000 words
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)
EXAM Exam Answer 2 questions from 4 HR topics. 2 hours