Equality & Diversity in Ng Dis
Equality and Diversity in Nursing Dispersed 2023-24
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 2
• Person centred care
• Evidence based approaches to communication skills for providing therapeutic interventions ( Linked to NMC skills annex A, point 3)
• Therapeutic relationships including the family and wider community
• Language and cultural competence
• Ethnicity, diversity and health determinants
• Dignity and respect Communication (Linked to NMC skills annex )
• Bereavement and loss handling difficult situations (Linked to NMC skills annex)
• Resilience Assessing needs of individual service users and care planning to include multi-disciplinary working • Digital and technological literacy • Reflection upon self and care Legal issues relating to equality, diversity and legislation Sociology and psychology, social and health legislation (to meet NMC EU Directive for general nurses).
-threshold -Threshold – (Grades: D- to D+) Understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module and the outcomes being assessed. Students will be required to achieve a minimum of D- grade in the assignment to in order to pass.
-good -Good - Grades: C- to C+ Good understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module and the outcomes being assessed.Very Good Grades: B- to B+ A very good understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module and the outcomes being assessed
-excellent -Excellent - Grades: A- to A* Excellent understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module and the outcomes being assessed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of diversity and equality in different populations
- Demonstrate understanding of theories and practice for effective communication for healthcare practice.
- Discuss the application of communication skills to person-centred care.
- Explore contemporary issues in modern society in terms of family across the lifespan.
A reflective assignment on an episode in clinical practise