MA Dissertation 2022-23
School Of Human And Behavioural Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Students will receive tutorials and guidance in how to plan a literature search, identify relevant literature, conduct a literature review, and develop and complete a final thesis.
-threshold -Adequate answer to the question, largely based on lecture material. No real development of arguments.
-good -Reasonably comprehensive coverage. Well organised and structured. Good understanding of the material.
-excellent -Comprehensive and accurate coverage of the area clarity of argument and expression. Depth of insight into theoretical issues
- Analyse and synthesise relevant literature in order to conduct a systematic literature review.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate in a written format the process of carrying out independent research in a logically structured literature review and persuasive dissertation.
- Demonstrate ability to succinctly summarise the research and findings and present the dissertation orally, in a conference setting.
- Demonstrate independent critical thinking in order to develop a research question concerning a psychological phenomenon.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of report writing for submission to a specialist psychological journal.
- Show evidence of clarity of argument based on theoretical and empirical evidence concerning the findings of research.
- To develop a research methodology capable of identifying and gathering relevant literature.