Bangor Benefits refers to the benefits available to the University’s staff members, some of which being via salary sacrifice arrangements.
Salary Sacrifice Benefits
There are currently five benefits available via salary sacrifice. These are salary sacrifice for Pensions (both USS and UPAS), Tír na nÓg Tax Efficient Scheme, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, and Buying Annual Leave.
Please click on the benefit below for further information.
- Bangor Benefits for Pensions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tír na nÓg – Tax Efficient Scheme for Staff
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Buying Annual Leave
Non-Salary Sacrifice Benefits
- Staff Discounts Platform
In partnership with Edenred, under the All Wales NPS Framework, staff at Bangor Unviersity can access the Edenred discounts platform and make savings on day to day purchases
accross a range of retail outlets including supermarkets, resteraunts, cinema, travel and more.
Pleave visit the My Advantages page for further information (see left for link)
- Other Benefits on offer (Disclaimer)
There are also other non-salary sacrifice benefits available as follows:
- Kennedy Burchill offer Bangor University Staff access to a free, remote will writing service , click here for further details
- Staff can now set up a savings account or borrow money through the Cambrian Credit Union and pay directly from their salary. Click here for further details.
- Staff at the University are now entitled to the same great discounts offered to students with the TOTUM Discount Card. Click here for further details: TOTUM Discount Card
- The Arriva Employer Travel Club – enables staff to access discounted bus travel on Arriva bus routes. Staff members are able to access their discounted ticket on-line, pay directly by direct debit and the ticket is sent to the home address. There is no minimum contract period and the scheme also allows free travel for up to two children on weekends and bank holidays. Click here for more information.
- Staff members are also entitled to discounted rates at the Universities Sports and Leisure facility. Click here for more information on the facilities and pricing.
- Staff at the University can now consider and apply for limited scholarships and discounted placements for their children with Myddleton College. Click here for more information
Looking for insurance cover in case you’re in or have had a cycling accident. Serious Cycle Scheme offers University Staff automatic membership to their scheme which provides free legal protection.Click here for more information
- Looking for legal advice and support with selling or buying a house, Mackenzie Jones Solicitors offer a discount to Bangor University staff. Click here for more information.
- For conveyancing, Express Conveyancing offer University Staff a discount of up to 20% on legal fees. Click here for more information.
- Hacker & Case - Staff can access 10% discount by purchasing items online. Click here for more information.
- Cotswold Outdoor - Staff can access 15% discount in-store an donline. Click here for more information
- CostCo - University staff are eligible to apply for a CostCo Membership card. Click here for more information