The University provides a wide range of development opportunities and support for staff:
- Staff Development
- Researcher Development
- Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT)
- Doctoral School
Bangor University has developed Academic Mentoring Schemes to provide a process whereby staff can gain advice, guidance and encouragement regarding their work and career development. Mentoring is a very useful intervention to support professional and career development by helping staff to reflect on their work and progress and plan professional and career development in a way that is timely and specific to their needs.
Performance Development Review:
Applying for Promotion:
- WEN (Women’s Equality Network) Wales
- Wales Women in STEM aims to expose and address the barriers that face women working in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. It brings together those who implement change within the sector, and those who work to create a positive environment where women and girls can thrive throughout their careers.
- 1MWIS -1 Million Women in STEM is a global network, community, and campaign that provides visible female role models in STEM to the next generation of girls, by sharing their own personal stories.
- BU’s Research, Innovation & Impact Office provides information about funding opportunities and help and advice with funding applications (contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Daphne Jackson Trust offers fellowships to those returning to research careers following a career break of two years or more taken for a family, caring or health reason. Fellowships are offered in all fields of research in Universities and Research Institutions.
- The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards recognize and support eminent women in science throughout the world.