The Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund (CCSF), established in 1967, has awarded c£1,000,000 in scholarships to some 500 talented Canadians studying at over 40 different universities, colleges and conservatories across the UK. Recipients are chosen on the basis of academic or artistic excellence and their ability to represent Canada in the UK. Awards are granted to scholars from a wide range of disciplines including science, engineering, social science and humanities as well as music, creative arts and design.
Applications for this scholarship closed on the 10 March 2023 at 11.59pm (GMT).
- Be a Canadian citizen with a valid Canadian passport: proof of Canadian citizenship is required in the form of a pdf of the main page of your valid passport. You may be asked to bring this document with you if you are shortlisted for interview.
- Be currently enrolled in a postgraduate programme (or equivalent) and at the time of applying be attending a full-time UK university or similar institution, and have completed at least one full-time term of study, with at least one full-time term remaining from September 2023. (Applicants undertaking a one-year programme are not eligible.)
- Be able to demonstrate academic excellence.
- Require funds to complete their studies.
- Previous applicants may re-apply. The CCSF offers a maximum of two scholarships to any one individual.
How to apply?
Step 1: Applications open on 9 January 2023, visit this page for application information.
Step 2: Check your eligibility for the scholarship and carefully read the conditions.
- Following the interviews, successful candidates will be notified should they be chosen for an award. Awards will be provided at the end of September 2023 upon receipt of Proof of Registration and confirmation that students are continuing their programme of study for the 2023-2024 term. Students must have a current United Kingdom bank account in order for scholarship funds to be transferred.
Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund
International Education Centre: