If you decide to take an International Experience Year or Substitute Placement, and your course allows for this, there may be additional costs that you will have to meet. These vary depending on the duration of your stay and location but will include:
- Costs for all travel, including flights and transfers
- Accommodation and meal plan
- Travel to and from any placements or places of study
- Compulsory student health insurance policies
- Visas: Study and Work visas
- Course material
- Application Feee
Tuition fees at partner universities is waivered.
Tuition fees to Bangor University:
Please see our tuition fees page for information on the fees you would need to pay.
Programme fees and accommodation costs are waivered for our Summer Schools, but you will normally need to pay for your own flights.
In funding your mobility, please be aware that making an application for a mobility grant does not guarantee that funding will be available or awarded. Students should not rely on mobility grants to fund their study or work placement. For many countries, students will need to demonstrate that they have enough money to cover their costs whilst living abroad. This is a normal part of applying for study visas.
Student Finance Travel Grant:
Students may be eligible for a travel grant to cover the cost of the necessary travel related to their study or work abroad as part of their degree.
The level of funding and student’s eligibility will depend on the type, location and duration of the placement and the student’s personal circumstance.
For each fund the application process is the same.
To make an application for mobility grant funding please complete a Global Bangor Opportunities Funding Application form which will allow the team to assess your eligibility for funding and choose the best option for you and the opportunity you are interested in.
- of a duration of no less than 4 x week and no more than one year
- unpaid and not funded from another source (excluding student loans)
- is not in a student’s home country
- is with a registered company or institution. Self-employment or employment by a relative is not permitted.
- is not in a red listed country or country where the FCO travel us not advised/permitted.
Each year BUTEX awards a number of scholarships to students studying abroad for a semester or a whole academic year, and students undertaking an overseas work/internship/traineeship placement of varying lengths of time.
BUTEX scholarships are based on a calendar year and not the academic year. Students that have a placement that will take place across two calendar years will be able to apply in each year, but please note individuals can only win a BUTEX scholarship once.
Students must be affiliated with a BUTEX institution to be eligible to apply. Please check all the application requirements here.