Travelling in Europe

It is incredibly easy to travel from the UK to other parts of Europe.  Many students choose to go on short holidays particularly during vacation periods such as Christmas and Easter.  In most cases you will require a tourist visa in order to gain entry to other European countries.  You will not require a travel / holiday visa if you are simply travelling between Wales, England, Scotland or Northern Ireland.  If you intend to travel outside of the UK or to other parts of Europe then please make sure that you give yourself enough time to make preparations for your visa as this can take several weeks. 

Our 'Do It Yourself Trips' webpages have more information about European travel and visas, plus ideas about where to go and what to do.