In order to study in the UK, students from most nationalities outside the EU will need a visa to study in the UK. Before travelling to the UK, 'visa nationals' must apply to the UK Visas and Immigration Service (UKVI) for a visa or 'entry clearance'. Then, once you are in the UK, you will need to have a valid visa for the duration of your stay.
To check if you need a visa, see: Do I need a visa? on the UKVI web pages.
The International Student Support Team staff are fully trained to provide information and advice about visas and immigration. Please read through these pages carefully, and if you have any questions please contact us.
Tel: +44 (0) 1248 388430 / 388238
Applying for a visa
- Information for EU students
- While you are in the UK - How to extend your Tier 4 visa
- While you are in the UK - Travel and Re-entry
- Family and Friends - Can I bring my family? Can my family and friends visit me?
- Visas for graduation
- Visas for visiting other European countries
- After you finish your course
- Glossary - a dictionary of immigration-related words
- What happens if I lose my passport or visa?