Law with another subject

In addition to the specialist LLB Law degree, Bangor Law School also offers a range of Law with another subject degrees, also qualifying law degrees that combine law with Business, languages, Criminology and many other subjects. Full list of degrees.

Law with another subject degree structure

Law modules account for two-thirds / 67% of the course and the other subject accounts for one-third / 33% of the course. This structure ensures that all ‘Law with another subject’ degrees meet the England and Wales Law Society and Bar Council requirements which ensures that all these degrees enjoy ‘qualifying law degree’ status.

In each of the three years, 80 credits are taken in Law and 40 credits in the other subject.

  • Law with French, German, Italian or Spanish are four-year qualifying law degrees for students who wish to develop linguistic skills and knowledge of continental legal systems to meet the needs of legal practice in the new Europe. These schemes include a year abroad in the 3rd year at a law faculty at a partner University in France, Germany, Italy or Spain.
  • Law with Accounting and Finance is a three-year qualifying law degree which enables students to develop a range of expertise and skills relevant to today’s commercial world. The accounting element of the degree introduces both internal and external auditing, and lawyers with these additional skills will be very suitable candidates for employment in these lucrative areas of law.
  • Law with Business Studies delivers business skills and knowledge side by side with law is a three-year qualifying law degree. Practicing lawyers are business people in their own right and also spend much of their working lives advising individual and corporate business clients. The business element of the degree provides opportunities to enhance career profiles through the study of International Business, Business Planning, Human Resource Management and Company Law.
  • Law with Contemporary Chinese Studies is a three-year qualifying law degree which combines the study of law with studies in the areas of the Chinese legal system, the Chinese language and Chinese culture.
  • Law with Creative Media Writing is a three-year qualifying law degree which enables students to develop a range of expertise and skills relevant to today’s digital publishing world.
  • Law with Criminology is a three-year qualifying law degree, which provides an opportunity to study in greater depth areas relating to both law and criminology.
  • Law with History is a three-year qualifying law degree that explores the links between Law and History. Students choose from a wide range of History modules and periods in order to better appreciate how these historical periods had an influence on the development of legal principles. 
  • Law with Media Studies is a three-year qualifying law degree which enables students to study the interface between Law and the media and how the media operates in the modern era.
  • Law with Philosophy and Religion is a three-year qualifying law degree through which students will develop an appreciation of the ethical controversies underpinning legal responses to issues including human rights; the use of armed force and terrorism; globalisation; care of the environment; abortion; euthanasia (to name but a few). 
  • Law with Psychology is a three-year qualifying law degree which combines a comprehensive legal education with the study of psychology and human behaviour.
  • Law with Social Policy is a three-year qualifying law degree provides an opportunity to study in greater depth areas relating to social policy. This includes housing and welfare matters and issues relating to immigration and ethnic minority groups.
  • Law with Welsh is a three-year qualifying law degree for Welsh-speaking students who wish to ensure that on graduation they will be able to apply their legal skills with equal ability and confidence in Welsh as well as English so as to serve the needs of modern Wales’ bilingual society and changing legal environment.

Find out more about our 'Law with another subject' degrees....

Study Law as a single subject

If you'd prefer to study Law as a single subject then perhaps you should consider our LLB Law degree course.