The benefits of a bilingual education
There are a number of reasons to study Psychology in Welsh:
- The Welsh lectures and seminars are smaller than the English equivalents, and provide a friendly and supportive environment to help you through the learning process.
- You’ll have the opportunity to attend English lectures led by world-renowned researchers, and to discuss the taught materials in small Welsh seminar groups.
- To improve your Welsh and English language skills. We encourage you to discuss your work in Welsh, and to complete your assignments and exams in Welsh, but this is not a requirement. You can choose to submit in Welsh or English – the choice is yours!
- Welsh-speaking psychologists are in high-demand throughout Wales. Demonstrating the ability to confidently discuss the subject in Welsh could increase your employability.
- Financial support is available from both Bangor University and the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol.