Latest Research News
- Cancer research published in Science Advances
26 July 2020
- Bangor expert advises on US public health emergency preparedness and response
24 July 2020
- We discovered a new species, but war means it may now remain hidden forever
23 July 2020
- Post-Covid shift away from global supply chains could boost North Wales economy
9 July 2020
- Forest Research wins funding for collaborative research into oak tree health
8 July 2020
- Read all news
Bangor has a strong research base across a spectrum of academic disciplines engaging in research at national and international levels. The University provides strong support for research activities including encouraging links with commercial and industrial bodies in the UK and overseas. The University also aims to be responsive to local and regional needs and is particularly conscious of its North Wales location and role as a research resource and a training base for Wales.
Research is carried out either directly in the Schools or in Research Centres and Institutes associated with one or more School.