Latest Research News
- The Visceral Mind Summer School
18 September 2018
- ‘High-yield’ farming costs the environment less than previously thought – and could help spare habitats
14 September 2018
- Insulin pumps are no better – but are more expensive – than injection devices for children in the first year after diagnosis with Type 1 Diabetes
13 September 2018
- Free school meal funds help pay for school trips too – but self-imposed stigma stops parents claiming
6 September 2018
- Life's purpose rests in our mind's spectacular drive to extract meaning from the world
4 September 2018
- Read all news
Bangor has a strong research base across a spectrum of academic disciplines engaging in research at national and international levels. The University provides strong support for research activities including encouraging links with commercial and industrial bodies in the UK and overseas. The University also aims to be responsive to local and regional needs and is particularly conscious of its North Wales location and role as a research resource and a training base for Wales.
Research is carried out either directly in the Schools or in Research Centres and Institutes associated with one or more School.