International Incorporated Masters
These programmes are designed for students who do not qualify for direct entry to the masters programmes in Bangor University’s Business school, this could be because of the grades achieved in your bachelor degree; your current qualifications are not equivalent to a UK Bachelor degree or because you have a non-business background. The Pre-Masters or Stage 1 of our International Incorporated Masters (IIM) programme is delivered at Bangor International College (BIC) and focuses on equipping you with the business-related subjects knowledge and the advanced study and English language skills you need to complete your postgraduate study at Bangor University.
After successfully completing the Pre-Masters Stage at Bangor International College you will continue your IIM in Business and Management at Bangor Business School.
You can select from a range of degree courses at Bangor’s Business School, which enjoys an international reputation particularly in the area of Banking and Financial Services. The Business School has being ranked as one of the top 25 in the world for Banking research (RePEc, as of October 2017). Based in the Hen Goleg building – a magnificent Grade II listed property overlooking the Menai Straits, the school has a phenomenal location.
We have two options depending on your English language level:
- 15 months IIM (one term Pre-Masters) – start dates in September, and June
- 18 month IIM (2 term Pre-Masters) – start dates in January, April and June
You can choose from three business-related routes:
- Business and Management
- Investment and Banking
- Accounting and Finance
Common Modules for all IIM programmes
As well as modules unique to your specific pathway, you will also study several modules that are common to each programme. These common modules are:
Research Methods for Business (One and two term)
This module introduces the structure, demands and expectations of postgraduate study in business in the UK.
English for IIM Preparation 1 and 2 (Two term only)
These modules prepare you for study at Masters level at Bangor University, by raising your English language standard from a minimum of 5.5 IELTS to 6.0 IELTS or higher.
Business English (Two term only)
This module introduces and develops English skills directly relevant to the academic study of business.
15 month IIM (One Term Pre-Masters)
- IELTS 6.0 (with no component below 5.5)
- Completion of undergraduate degree from a recognised university or equivalent. For detailed entry requirements for your country please see our country pages.
18 month IIM (Two Term Pre-Masters)
- IELTS 5.5 (with no component below 5.5) OR
- IELTS 4.5 (with no skill below 4.0) with 12 week pre-sessional English programme, OR
- IELTS 5.0 (with no skill below 4.5) with 6 week pre-sessional English programme
- Completion of undergraduate degree from a recognised university or equivalent.
For detailed entry requirements for your country please see our country pages.