HSK Level 2 Mandarin Course
The Confucius Institute’s courses follow the Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) curriculum, which is a globally recognised programme for Chinese language proficiency of non-native Chinese speakers. For your information, the HSK course levels have been mapped to the Common European Framework (CEFR) for Languages (please see here). Once you have completed your HSK course you have the option of taking the HSK Test, which is a formal recognition of your Chinese language ability and demonstrates your skills to potential employers, universities, and other international organisations.
Confucius Institute at Bangor University is an official HSK testing centre so you will be able to take the test after you have completed your studies. Please note that the exam fee is not included in the course.
Each academic year we offer Mandarin evening courses ranging from Beginners HSK Level 1 to Advanced HSK Level 6. Our courses usually commence in September, January and May.
Details of our next courses to be confirmed.
HSK Level 2HSK 2: Register now!
The course is designed for English speaking adults who have completed the 10-week HSK Level 1 course; have an excellent command of Pinyin and a speaking and listening vocabulary of 150 words.
On successful completion of this course, the students should be able to:
- Attain all features of the A2 Levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Develop speaking and listening vocabulary of 300 most frequently used Chinese words and relevant grammar
- Develop a written vocabulary of 200 characters
- Would be able to communicate effectively in everyday routine tasks requiring simple and direct exchange (e.g. ask for information on locations and directions and how to respond; ask questions about travelling and shopping; ask time-related questions; communicate daily conversations about food, families etc.)
- Members of the public £110
- Bangor University students and staff £90
For enquiries and further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org