About This Course
The programme has been developed to enhance professional knowledge of allied health professionals interested in undertaking the role of advanced clinical practioner. The aim is to develop autonomous postgraduates with advanced professional knowledge and skills who can contribute to the modernisation of the new NHS and other organisations in the UK.
- Leadership in Context: This module explores processes involved in leading and facilitating the implementation of change in health and social care drawing on a range of theory and evidence
- Developing Advanced Practice: this module develops skills and knowledge relating to working as an Advanced Practitioner and facilitates innovative learning and application of learning in practice in order to improve and enhance service user care and service delivery.
- Methods or e-Research Methods: This module is an introduction to research methods and presents a platform for you to engage in both quantitative and qualitative research approaches and develop an ability to utilise specific research techniques.
- Dissertation – supervised research project (20,000 words)
In year 2, students can select 60 credits from a range of modules available from the School MSc portfolio such as:
- Physiology and Patho-physiology
- History Taking and Consultation Skills
- Physical Examination and Diagnostics
- Introduction to Health Economics
- Accountability in Health and Social Care
- Ill Adult Management
- Non-medical Prescribing
- Professional Development Portfolio
Students wishing to can exit the programme after achieving either a PG Certificate or PG Diploma if they don’t wish to undertake the full MSc.
Please note: Only qualified professionals registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) in the UK maybe admitted onto this course. Entry to this programme requires a good first degree in a relevant subject from a recognised institution. Working professionals with non-graduate qualifications will be considered on an individual basis by the School.
This course has been developed in collaboration with professional health and social care organisations in the UK and includes competencies assessed in the clinical environment. The course has been designed for Allied Health Professionals who wish to study at an advanced level to increase their knowledge, skills and attributes so that they can contribute to modern day health and social care challenges.