- Enw: Finance
- Cymhwyster: MBA
- Hyd: 12 months (January and September start dates). A 10 month version also available (September start only). Students on the 10 month course will study 5 modules in the Autumn and 5 in the Spring.
This degree programme provides the opportunity to follow the prestigious CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) specialist pathway and acquire the skills to complete the CFA Level 1 examination (for both September-intake and January-intake students). Click here for more information.
The course will develop knowledgeable and capable executives, who will move quickly into key positions in the financial sector. The degree focuses on the operation of financial markets and the strategic management of financial entities. You will gain practical insight and skills in a range of financial and strategic management topics in financial services and markets. You will develop an appreciation of the causes and significance of current developments in the financial and corporate sectors. Case studies and contemporary issues figure prominently in the programme.
Who should consider studying the MBA Finance?
The Finance MBA is designed for candidates with degrees or relevant business backgrounds, who wish to develop their expertise and further their professional careers.
The course will be of particular interest to:
- Graduates who have professional experience in the financial sector;
- Managers and accountants in public and private organisations who wish to develop their financial management skills;
- Managers employed in the financial services industry;
- Graduates contemplating a career in the banking and financial services industry;
- Graduates who have relevant practical experience and wish to enhance their skills in the areas of banking and finance;
- Finance professionals (like corporate treasurers and accountants) who deal with the financial services industry.
January intake: Taught modules are undertaken in the period of January to June and September to January and will involve the study of 120 credits. The dissertation (or equivalent) is valued at 60 credits and is undertaken during the period of June to September.
September intake: Taught modules are undertaken in the period of September to June and will involve the study of 120 credits. The dissertation (or equivalent) is valued at 60 credits and is undertaken during the period of June to September.
Rhoddir cynnwys y cwrs ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid.
Organisations and People: This module examines key issues arising from contemporary research in organisational behaviour and human resource management.
Investment Strategy and Portfolio Management: This module evaluates the development of investment strategies for bonds, equities and derivatives that are designed to achieve optimal risk-return outcomes, and examines the measurement and evaluation of the performance of a portfolio of investments.
Management Research: This module analyses the philosophical basis for research in the management sciences, and examines a number of key methodological issues and approaches.
International Financial Management: In this module the financial management of multinational companies and the influence of macroeconomic, fiscal, currency and political environments on business and financial decision making are examined in an international and global context.
International Financial Markets: This module provides an overview of financial instruments in a multi-currency world.
Plus choose 1 of the following:
- MBA Dissertation
- Applied Business Projects
- Applied Financial Projects*
- Financial Research & CFA Series (CFA pathway only)
*Students on the 10 month programme must take this option.
Optional Modules (MBA) – choose 3:
- International Strategic Management#
- Financial Modelling#
- Merger and Acquisition#
- Current Issues - International Finance
- Financial Ethics & Regulation
- Financial Analysis
*Students on the 10 month programme must take these options, plus a further two
Modiwlau y flwyddyn yma
Rhoddir rhestr modiwlau ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid. Gweld y modiwlau mae ein myfyrwyr yn astudio ar tudalen Modiwlau Finance.
Entry to the MBA Finance programme requires a 2(ii) undergraduate degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management), or a similar qualification from any other institution.
A good degree from a reputable university is required, or equivalent overseas qualification and grade. Alternatively, possession of a suitable professional qualification and relevant practical experience may also be accepted. In general, however, applicants are judged on their individual merits, and age, work experience and other factors are also taken in to consideration. Whilst work experience is desirable, it is not essential.
If your native language is not English, you must provide satisfactory evidence that you have an adequate knowledge and understanding of written and spoken English:
- IELTS: 6.0 (with no element below 5.5)
- Pearson PTE: a score of 56 (with no element lower than 51)
- Cambridge English Test – Advanced: 169 (with no element lower than 162)
Sut i wneud Cais
Gallwch nawr wneud cais ar-lein ar gyfer holl raglenni ôl-raddedig trwy ddysgu a rhaglenni ymchwil ôl-raddedig y Brifysgol (gan eithrio TAR, Diploma mewn Therapi Galwedigaethol a DClinPsy).
Cam 1 – Paratoi i wneud cais
- Gallwch wneud cais eich hunain gyda cymorth ein Nodiadau Canllaw ar ymgeisio ar-lein. Rydym yn argymell yn gryf eich bod yn darllen rhain cyn i chi wneud cais ar-lein.
Cam 2 – Gwneud cais ar-lein
Ar ôl i chi ddarllen y Nodiadau Canllaw, dylech wneud cais gan ddefnyddio ein Gwasanaeth Derbyniadau Ar-lein.
Er mwyn ichi weld a chwblhau’r ffurflen gais yn Gymraeg bydd angen i chi sicrhau bod y gosodiad iaith ar eich porwr dewisol wedi ei osod ar Gymraeg. I gael canllawiau ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn cliciwch yma (cyswllt â chwestiynau a ofynnir yn aml ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn yn Firefox, IE a Google Chrome)
Wedi i chi gwblhau y ffurflen gais ar-lein bydd rhaid i chi ddarparu copiau o nifer o ddogfennau (wedi eu tystio os nad oes gennych y dogfennau gwreiddiol), megis trawsgrifiadau academaidd, tystysgrifon gradd, cadarnhad o gymorth ariannol.
Am wybodaeth bellach neu gyngor am wneud cais, cysylltwch â’r Swyddfa Derbyniadau Ôl-raddedig.
Ffôn: +44 (0)1248 383717
Pryd i wneud cais
Bydd y Brifysgol yn derbyn ceisiadau drwy gydol y flwyddyn ond byddwn yn gyffredinol yn eich annog i anfon eich cais cyn diwedd mis Mehefin. Mae hyn yn rhoi cyfle i chi wneud trefniadau ariannol a/neu lety ac i chi fedru cael gafael ar drawsgrifiadau a geirda os nad ydych wedi eu hanfon gyda’r cais gwreiddiol.
Cysylltu â ni
- Accounting MSc
- Accounting and Banking MSc
- Accounting and Finance MSc
- Banking and Finance MSc
- Banking and Finance (Chartered Banker) MSc
- Business with Consumer Psychology MSc
- Finance MSc
- International Media and Management MSc
- Investment Management MSc
- Islamic Banking and Finance MSc
- Management and Finance MSc