Equality Impact Assessment
Here you’ll find information to help you complete an Equality Impact Assessment, this includes the Equality Impact assessment form and a presentation taking you through how to complete the form.
Equality Impact Assessments should form part of any new policy or practice and be factored in at the outset and before any decisions are made. Equality Impact Assess as early as one would for other considerations such as risk, budget or health and safety.
Please contact the Equality Officer in Human Resources if you require further advice firstname.lastname@example.org
The Christian Staff Fellowship (CSF)
The Christian Staff Fellowship (CSF) has been set up by the Chaplaincy. We meet Wednesday lunchtimes throughout the year, presently on TEAMS. A BU Chaplain joins us monthly. A warm welcome to all our colleagues!
CSF aims to:
- encourage staff
- express love, faith, and integrity
- pray for the University (leadership, staff, and students) and the local area
- contribute to the flourishing of the University.
Contact: Melanie Brown - email@example.com
* CSF is part of the Chaplaincy Team provision for staff, established in response to a request made by members of University Staff. We would encourage any staff who would like to set up a group for another faith can contact the Chaplaincy Team for support.
The Bangor LGBTQ Network was set up to provide a forum for networking and means of support, to offer the opportunity for colleagues from all areas of the University to inform and collaborate on LGBTQ action and to increase the visibility of LGBTQ issues in the workplace. Any staff or post-graduate students are welcome to become involved in the running of the Network or to attend the informal catch up meetings.
For more information about the Network please contact the network lead, Marcel Clusa or Nia Blackwell in HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University assists and facilitates the Network, providing resources, rooms to meet etc. All staff and students are protected by the University's Dignity at Work and Study Policy
The Bangor LGBTQ Network meets online monthly via Teams and hold a monthly “panad” on the first Friday of each month. Drop us a line for details of the next meeting.
Please email email@example.com for Zoom details if you would like to join.
If you are an employee, please contact your local Equality Champion via email with any queries, concerns or suggestions. Use the right hand section to find the best point of contact for you.
- College of Arts, Humanities and Business - lead contacts Dr Peredur Webb-Davies, Sian Peris Owen
- College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering - lead contacts Dr Mohammed Mabrook, James Balfour
- College of Human Sciences - lead contacts Prof John Parkinson, Lindsey Graham
You can contact Nia Blackwell, Human Resources Equality Officer if you would like to discuss anything about equality and diversity for staff.
For student equality matters please contact Helen Munro or the Students’ Union.