Ways to save money
- Open a student bank account for any loans and payments to be paid into. Go for the best overdraft option...not the best freebie!
- Familiarise yourself with bills and other costs such as mobile phone usage
- The student loan is the cheapest way to borrow money for your studies. Bare in mind that credit cards and store cards have high interest rates
- Buy second hand books
- Learn how to cook. Why not get together with your flat mates and take it in turns to cook meals to save money on the ingredients
- Draw up a weekly budget. Before you buy anything, ask yourself if you really need it and can afford it
- Use your NUS card in order to receive 10% off in many high street shops
- All clubs and societies are free to join at Bangor - an ideal way to make new friends and socialise
- Everything is within walking distance in Bangor - so walk or cycle to lectures
- Sell your second hand books and clothes
- Find a part-time job. At Bangor, the Jobzone is there to help you find vaccancies.
- Why not help out at the University Open Days as a Student Guide to earn extra cash. Keep an eye out on the University website and emails for any mailing or student guide work