Fully funded PhD scholarships available to outstanding Chinese graduates.
Bangor University is offering talented Chinese students the opportunity to undertake a fully funded PhD programme at Bangor University, UK. Full scholarships are available for students starting a PhD in 2023-24. With Bangor's scholarship offer, students can apply for further funding to cover living expenses from China Scholarship Council (CSC).
The funded research areas are as follows:
- Biological Sciences
- Creative Studies & Media
- Computer Sciences
- Electronic Engineering
- Healthcare Sciences
- Institute of Medical and Social Care Research
- Linguistics & English Language
- Modern Languages
- Medical Sciences
- Ocean Sciences
- Philosophy & Religion
- Social Sciences
- Sports, Health & Exercise Science
Who can apply?
- Chinese students with a strong academic background
- Citizens and permanent residents of the People's Republic of China
- The scheme is only open to new students, not students already registered for a PhD at Bangor
How to apply?
The deadline for applications for enrolment in 2023-24 is 20 December, 2022 (although we may consider late applications).
- Prospective PhD students are encouraged to approach individual Bangor University schools and supervisors with details of their proposed project.
- Once it has been established that the project is viable and the supervisor(s) is able and willing to supervise the student, the student should submit a PhD application to Bangor, details about how to apply can be found at here.
- Applicants should mention their intention to apply for the CSC Bangor Scholarship in their PhD application.
- Students will be informed of the admission decision between the end of February to early March 2023.
- Final admission is subject to students securing the CSC stipend. Students must apply to the CSC by 10 - 31 March 2023.
This programme will also support PhD students to study at Bangor University for a period of 6-12 months. Bangor University will not award a degree to joint PhD students.
Find out more
Click here for further information.