The scholarship deadline for 2022 entry has now passed.
Bangor University, the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and the Windle Trust (NGO) are jointly funding 5 scholarships for Masters study at Bangor University in September 2022. We will only consider applications from strong candidates resident in Uganda and Kenya who are refugees, internally displaced or have otherwise been affected by conflict.
The scholarships are open to students applying for the following taught masters programmes to begin their studies in September 2022:
- MSc Conservation and Land Management
- MSc Agroforestry and Food Security
- MSc Environment and Business Management
- MSc Public Health and Health Promotion
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award
- Tuition fees
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,133 per month
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a dissertation, where applicable
- Warm clothing allowance and visa reimbursement, where applicable Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
No additional allowances are available for spouses or other dependants
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country, we will only consider applicants from Kenya and Uganda.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2022
- By August 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
- Be unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK
How to Apply
Please contact the Windle Trust to express your interest in the scholarship and your suitability as a nominee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not apply directly to Bangor University. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to make an application to Bangor University.
The application system will open for candidates on the 10 November 2021. Deadline to apply is 20 December 2021.
Universities will inform candidates of the results by July 2022.
For further details on the scheme please see the Commonwealth Scholarship website.