Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
- Realising the Circular Economy (CE)
15 July 2019
- Back-to-back heatwaves kill more than two-thirds of coral
12 July 2019
- How the brain prepares for movement and actions
12 July 2019
- How your choice of afternoon tipple could help save the rainforest
10 July 2019
- Using ‘self-talk’ as part of your endurance sport training? Here’s what you need to know
9 July 2019
- Read all news