Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
- Tree diseases in forests: prevention is better than cure
10 February 2020
- ECB-funded Sports Science PhD awarded Best in the UK from the British Psychological Society
4 February 2020
- Peer support helping to magnify the wellbeing benefits of outdoor activities
30 January 2020
- Highlighting Cancer research at Bangor University
30 January 2020
- Over 60 and online: New population health report finds older people in Wales actively involved in social media
28 January 2020
- Read all news