Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
- Bangor University secures £4.6m EU funds for research into low carbon energy efficiency
16 August 2019
- New research collaboration for sustainable use of seas around Wales
14 August 2019
- An innovation to ease our way into the next digital revolution
12 August 2019
- Being left-handed doesn't mean you are right-brained — so what does it mean?
12 August 2019
- Lynx reintroduction research wins UK student award
29 July 2019
- Read all news