Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
- How to become a great impostor
22 August 2019
- Does social media influence your physical activity levels?
20 August 2019
- What happens to biopsy tissue after it's tested? Your donated cells could be helping important cancer research
20 August 2019
- Bangor University secures £4.6m EU funds for research into low carbon energy efficiency
16 August 2019
- New research collaboration for sustainable use of seas around Wales
14 August 2019
- Read all news