Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Providing environments, events and activities to help introduce new thinking, methods and processes to engender attitudes and behaviours that lead to innovation
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
Research Support for BU staff
- Happy 100th birthday, Mr President: how JFK's image and legacy have endured
26 May 2017
- New extreme micro-organisms found in Siberian soda lake
26 May 2017
- New research to explore the public health impact of gambling throughout Wales
25 May 2017
- Teaching students to survive a zombie apocalypse with psychology
22 May 2017
- Bangor University assists development of 'dementia-friendly' church groups
19 May 2017
- Read all news
- There are no forthcoming events in the calendar
- View all events