Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
- Afternoon napping improves runners endurance performance paper achieves 4th place in EJSS Best Paper Awards
11 June 2019
- Rapid change in coral reefs prompts global calls for a rethink
6 June 2019
- Third of people in Wales use digital technology to self-diagnose – new report
30 May 2019
- Senedd Research publishes new briefing paper by Bangor academic
28 May 2019
- New innovation receives Meterological Society Award
24 May 2019
- Read all news