Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
- Work begins on UK system for estimating COVID-19 cases from wastewater
2 July 2020
- Don’t disturb the sleeping oystercatchers
29 June 2020
- How is ‘lock-down’ affecting our use of green-spaces?
26 June 2020
- Noisy humans make birds sleep with one eye open – but lockdown offered a reprieve
25 June 2020
- Artificial night sky poses serious threat to coastal species
23 June 2020
- Read all news