Research at Bangor University
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Based on the University submission of 14 Units of Assessment, 77% of the research was rated in the top two tiers of research quality, ahead of the average for all UK universities.
About our research
The 2014 Research Excellence Framework recognised that more than three-quarters of Bangor's research is either world-leading or internationally excellent. Find out more...
Research with Impact
Research is central to Bangor University; it is an integral part of our teaching and a passion of our academic staff. One of the outstanding features of our research is the breadth and depth of the impact that we create through our work. Find out more...
Working with partners
Bangor University is a research-led University with a developing international reputation for its teaching and research as well as a strong mission commitment to working with business.
Find out more about some of our world leading researchers
- £4m boost for 5G research in Wales
17 October 2019
- Wales could save billions of pounds a year through investing in a healthier workforce
17 October 2019
- Researchers invent device that generates light from the cold night sky – here's what it means for millions living off grid
16 October 2019
- Henry VIII’s marital troubles may have influenced other splits, newly-discovered documents show
15 October 2019
- BIHMR research diversity on show at first ECR-led research support awards
14 October 2019
- Read all news