Office Opening Hours / Contacts / Enquiries
In order to provide a comprehensive student administration service, we have localised Student Administration Hubs across the campus. This means you can use any Admin Hub, regardless of which School you are studying with. Staff contact details can be found here.From the 23rd March 2020, all Student Admin Hubs will be closed to students, but students will be able to contact staff online. All the service email addresses are being monitored, so students can use the usual service email addresses on our web pages for queries and Student Admin staff will respond.
Change of Contact Information
Services are available online through myBangor
You are able to:
- inform the University of a change to your term-time address.
- provide the University with your summer vacation address.
- inform the University of any changes to your emergency contact details.
- inform the University of your new or changed mobile phone number.
- Update your permanent home address which is where your examination results, graduation information and certificate are sent. Please note certificates are only issued to permanent home addresses.
To use these services:
- You will find the ‘myBangor’ link on your Bangor University intranet page or, you can access myBangor via this link http://my.bangor.ac.uk/
- myBangor – Users Guide
- If you are having problems with myBangor (e.g. logging in etc.) please email: myBangor@bangor.ac.uk
- If you are having problems updating your personal information please contact Student Administration
Change of Name
Any student who changes their name during the course of their studies at the University, must make the request for their record to be updated via the MyBangor Request Centre.
Students who have legally changed their names may be asked provide further evidence, eg., marriage/birth certificate, passport or change of name deed.
Students who only wish to change their preferred name on the University’s record system should also use the Request Centre to make this request, evidence will not be required for such a change. Please note that it is your full legal name that will appear on all award documents
If you graduated after July 2017 with either an undergraduate or a postgraduate degree, you will receive our Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR). The HEAR replaces the physical transcript for graduates from July 2017, and can be accessed here. You can also share your award documents with third parties (such as employers, other institutions etc.) through the Connections tab in your Student Dashboard.
If you graduated before July 2017 then a hard copy transcript can be produced and you should follow the instructions below.
Official hard copy transcripts are issued on University headed paper and crested with the University logo to ensure validity.
|Service||Details||Available to Order From||Cost|
|Hard Copy Transcripts||A record of the modules studied and the marks obtained for the entire programme of study.*||Here||£33 for the first copy + £3 per additional transcript|
|Confirmation of Award||Evidence that you have achieved an award and verification of degree classification (if applicable).
Only available if you received your degree from Bangor University.
|Here||Free of Charge.|
|Replacement Certificate||If you received a Bangor University degree.||Here||£37.|
|Replacement Certificate||If you received a University of Wales degree.||Please see University of Wales website .|
* Transcript requests will normally be processed within 21 days, however requests for transcripts of undergraduate courses taken prior to 2002 and taught postgraduate courses taken prior to 2004 may take longer as additional information needs to be obtained from teaching departments. Prior to transcripts becoming commonplace in the UK some course records were only retained for a period of ten academic years therefore we may not be able to provide a transcript for certain undergraduate courses undertaken prior to 2002 and taught postgraduate courses undertaken prior to 2004. In such instances the University will provide a statement confirming the qualification details along with confirmation that a transcript cannot be provided.
Please note that hard copy transcripts and certificates are official documents and as such they cannot be faxed or e-mailed.
Replacement Certificate - Bangor University or University of Wales?
Any student that graduated prior to 1st August 2009, will have been awarded a University of Wales degree.
Any student that commenced (registered for) their course prior to 1st September 2009, and were due to graduate after 31st July 2009, were offered the option as part of the annual reconfirmation of attendance, to receive a University of Wales award or a Bangor University award. If the above criteria applies to you and you are unsure as to which degree you were awarded please contact the Awards Office to seek confirmation prior to submitting your application for a replacement certificates.
Any student admitted to the University and registered for the first time from 1st September 2009 onwards will receive a Bangor University award.