Student Tips and Videos
We know coming to University can be daunting, whether it is your first time away from home, or you’re returning to education after some time away; it’s hard to know what to expect. To help ease this transition, we have created some top tips and videos in partnership with our peer guides and current students. Please feel free to check out our you tube channel and if you have any questions you can contact us, using the UniBuddy chat feature on our Welcome 2021 home page.
Welcome 2021 Top Tips
- Introduce yourself to as many people as you can in your first week by joining in with as much as possible. This year, many of our event are online, so you can meet even more people than ever! Check out our What’s On page for more information.
- See what your Students' Union has to offer and remember you can join as many clubs and societies as you like – they are all free to join!
- Meet your peer guide and find out more about your academic school
- Bring a good cookbook with you – so you don’t have to eat the same meals over and over!
- Watch the Get Ready For University YouTube Channel for vlogs and videos by current students offering tips and advice on how to settle in to University life
- Download a campus map
- Check out our Bangor University Branded Goods Shop
- Welcome 2021 is for you, so jump in and get involved!
Advice on using University systems
Guide to timetabling
Using Microsoft Teams
How to use Blackboard
Peer Guides - how they can help
Advice on settling-in at University
Leaving home for the first time
Vlogger Olivia opens up about how she coped with leaving her family home to move to university.
Surviving your first term at Uni!
Mat takes us through his five top tips on how to get through your first few weeks at university.
What to bring to university
Ashley runs through the essentials that you need to bring with you when you move into university accommodation.
Making your university room homely
Watch the video for Hannah's tips on what to bring to university and how to make your room a calming, relaxing place to live and study.
Student Kitchen Essentials!
Not sure what you need in your university kitchen? Olivia's got it covered! Here are her student kitchen essentials.
Don’t forget, you can find more videos and ‘how to’ guides on our You Tube channel too.