Introduction to Programming
Introduction to Programming (Cambria) 2023-24
Ysgol Cyfrifiadureg a Pheirianneg
Modiwl - Semester 1 a 2
Indicative content includes:
● Structured or graphical solutions to given problems using techniques such as flow charts and pseudo code.
● Program development taking into account current good practice and development cycles including design, creation and testing.
● Build solutions using a range of programming to include: Structures and types (such as int, double, bool, String, char, float), sequence (including order, input and output), conditional statements (including if, else, else if and switch case), iteration (including for, while and do), methods (such as constructing, calling, parameters, return values and scope), classes (including creation and use) and error handling (including try and catch).
● Code interaction with the user giving sensible and contextual response.
● Simple testing such as sample test data and testing tables for a given problem.
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevant areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate understanding of current trends and employment opportunities regarding
- Design and build a complex application/s using a range of programming techniques.
- Devise and use a methodical test plan to comprehensively test the solution.
- Use the basic structure and features of a programming language.
Research and discuss current trends and employment opportunities regarding programming languages. Develop a simple program (or programs) to a given brief to include structures, sequence and conditional statements.
Iteration Program Design, code and test a program (or programs) to a given brief to include iteration.
Method-based Program Design, code and test a complex program (or programs) to a given brief to include methods.