Helen Branwen Roberts
- Helen Branwen Roberts
- Lecturer in Primary Education (Religious Education)
- 01248 383080
- Hiraethog 2, Normal Site
Helen Branwen Roberts was brought up at Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant and attended Llanrhaeadr Y.M. Primary School and Llanfyllin Secondary School. She went on to study Biblical Studies at Bangor University and, after graduating, followed a PGCE Secondary course at St Mary's College, Bangor. She has worked at Ysgol Uwchradd Brynhyfryd, Ruthin; Ysgol y Creuddyn, Llandudno; and Ysgol Uwchradd Bodedern, Anglesey. In these schools she taught Religious Education, Music, Physical Education, and English. In addition, she had a number of valuable experiences as Head of Department, Head of Faculty, and Pastoral Leader. She spent a period on secondment as Religious Education Advisory Teacher for Anglesey and Gwynedd with the Cynnal company before being appointed lecturer in the School of Education and Human Development, Bangor University.
She has responsibility for the Religious Education element in the Primary courses and contributes to the BA in Childhood Studies, lecturing on Ethics and Children. Also, she has responsibility for the School of Education and Human Development peer guides and, as Year 1 tutor on the BA (QTS) course, she is responsible for organizing the welcome week for first-year trainees. She is a co-opted member of the Anglesey and Gwynedd SACRE and has served as a WJEC examiner on the Higher Participatory courses and A2 Religious Studies courses.
BA (QTS): Religious Education.
BA Childhood Studies: module on Ethics and Children.
PGCE Primary: Religious Education.
Projects / Publications / Research
• Cynnal: A2 Resources Scheme, 2001.
• ACCAC: Religious Education Resources Project, 2002.
• National Sabbatical Scheme, 2005-07.
• Religious Education in the BA(QTS) Primary course.
• Religious Education in the PGCE Primary course.
• Co-ordinator for peer guides in the BA(QTS) course.
• Year 1 Tutor for the BA(QTS) course.
• BA (Hons), University College of North Wales, Bangor, 1983
• PGCE Secondary, St Mary's College, Bangor, 1984
• 1984-85: Religious Education teacher, Ysgol Uwchradd Brynhyfryd, Ruthin.
• 1985-93: Head of Religious Education,Ysgol y Creuddyn, Bae Penrhyn, Llandudno.
• 1993-2003: Head of Religious Education, Ysgol Uwchradd Bodedern.
• 2002-03: Anglesey and Gwynedd Religious Education Advisory Teacher (Cynnal).
• 2001-06: WJEC Examiner in Religious Studies CBAC.