Travel & Subsistence

Travel and Subsistence allowances are paid, in accordance with Financial Regulations, for expenses actually and necessarily incurred in the course of your duties with the university.

Travel Outside the United Kingdom

If travelling outside the UK you should keep all receipts and claim for expenses actually incurred. In certain countries per diem subsistence may be paid in accordance with rates published by the FCO. Please contact the Finance Office for advice prior to travel, as not all destinations have per diem rates

The Finance Office can also arrange travellers cheques and foreign currency for overseas visits. Contact Jacquie Williams on extn. 2050, but please give us as much notice as possible.

Corporate Charge Card

Many members of staff will be eligible for a Bangor University Corporate Charge Card. This can be used for your business expenses both in the UK and abroad. It can help you keep track of your business expenses and means that you don't have to use your own cash or credit for university purposes.

There is a 5 annual fee for the card, but you can now charge this as an expense to the university as long as you have an appropriate account to meet the cost.

For further details, click here or to request a corporate card click here

Cash Advances for Travel Expenses

If you are eligible for a corporate charge card and you are travelling to a country where credit cards are accepted, cash advances for travel expenses will not be given.

In other cases, requests for advances are considered on a case-by-case basis. There is no automatic entitlement. Please address any requests for advances to the Director of Financial Services and be sure to allow sufficient time for the request to be processed.