Safeguarding and Prevent
Bangor University is committed to:
- Providing, as far as reasonably practicable, a safe environment for all its staff, students and visitors.
- Providing, as far as is reasonably practicable, an environment that is safe from harm for all members of the University community.
- Upholding the rights of children, young people and vulnerable adults to protection from harm, freedom from injury and a safe and healthy environment.
- Ensuring that appropriate procedures are in place to safeguard against abuse or harm for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Ensuring that appropriate procedures are in place for dealing with allegations of abuse.
The resources included within this section outline the approach and responsibilities of the University, as well as how the University deals with safeguarding disclosures. The safeguarding provision of the University also extends to its arrangements under the Prevent Duty, its range of student services, and its ongoing staff training.
For more information on any aspect of safeguarding, please contact email@example.com. This address is regularly monitored and you can report concerns about a child, young person or vulnerable adult and provide any available evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. A report can also be undertaken by clicking the link on the right.
The designated Safeguarding Officer for the University is the Senior Safeguarding, Conduct and Complaints Officer, Steve Barnard (email@example.com).