Bangor University is committed to:
- Providing, as far as reasonably practicable, a safe environment for all its staff, students and visitors.
- Providing, as far as is reasonably practicable, an environment that is safe from harm for all members of the University community.
- Upholding the rights of children, young people and vulnerable adults to protection from harm, freedom from injury and a safe and healthy environment.
- Ensuring that appropriate procedures are in place to safeguard against abuse or harm for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Ensuring that appropriate procedures are in place for dealing with allegations of abuse.
The resources included within this section outline the approach and responsibilities of the University, as well as how the University deals with safeguarding disclosures. The safeguarding provision of the University also extends to it’s arrangements under the Prevent Duty, its range of student services, and its ongoing staff training.
Reporting concerns about a child, young person or vulnerable adult can be undertaken by clicking the link on the right.
For more information on any aspect of safeguarding, please contact the Head of Governance Services, who is the designated Safeguarding Officer for the University, Gwenan Hine: email@example.com, or Lauren Roberts, Incident Management Assistant.