- Students need to be based in North West Wales.
- The Refugee scholarship is available for applicants who have an excellent academic background and who have achieved or are on course to achieve the equivalent of a UK Bachelors degree.
- Candidates who are fully sponsored by a third party will not be entitled to this Scholarship.
- Only open to students paying Home Tuition Fee Levels.
- Applicants must have been granted refugee status or Indefinite Leave to Remain on Leave on Humanitarian Protection grounds.
- Only open for Taught Masters programmes.
- The above scholarship is available for full-time on-campus courses only.
Not open to students studying at Bangor University International College (BUIC).
How to apply
Step 1: You MUST have an offer to study at Bangor University before you can apply.
Step 2: Check your Eligibility for the scholarship and carefully read the conditions listed below.
Step 3: Complete the Refugee Scholarship application form before the deadline.
Step 4: Successful candidates will be informed by the beginning of July 2023 (for the September 2023 intake) and the beginning of December 2023 (for the January 2024 intake).
Step 5: Scholarship winners will be required to complete a scholarship acceptance form within two weeks of the scholarship offer.
Conditions (for all scholarship winners)
- Students must have met all the academic and other conditions of their offer by:
For the September 2023 intake: 01 July 2023.
- For the January 2024 intake: 01 November 2023.
- Recipients will be expected to become scholarship ambassadors, contributing to University promotion both as a student and in later years as alumni.
- The scholarship is only valid for students starting their studies in September 2023 or January 2024 and cannot be carried over to the following academic year.
- The scholarships will be awarded as a waiver of your tuition fees.
- This scholarship will replace any other Bangor University Scholarships already awarded. It will not be awarded in addition to any other scholarship.
- All scholarships will be awarded entirely at the University's discretion.
For further details, you may contact Alan Edwards, Head of International Student Support.