- The first comprehensive assessment of climate change impacts on coasts and seas across the UK Overseas Territories
22 July 2021
- Celebrating outstanding contributions to teaching and learning
15 July 2021
- Trash Free Trails – in Snowdonia
12 July 2021
- Bangor University academics team with Brazil to tackle world problems
5 July 2021
- RNLI in Wales teams up with Bangor University to launch new campaign
28 May 2021
- Read all news
- Bangor Alumni website
- Marine Mammals Studies Network
- Marine Ecology
- Careers in Marine Science (CIMS)
School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA)
SOSA is run by the School of Ocean Sciences to maintain contact with the many past students and staff members who have studied and worked in the Marine Science labs in Menai Bridge since they opened in 1948.
All former students and staff of the School of Ocean Sciences (SOS), Bangor University are eligible for membership of the School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA) and unlike many such Alumni bodies our membership is free. All you need to do is to register your contact details and to inform us of any changes as they occur.
We send out bi-annual Newsletters to link our present day staff and students to those who have passed through the marine science labs over the years. The newsletters are sent to all those for whom we have an up to date contact details, and advertise the various upcoming social and careers events we have planned.
In 2021 we look forward to celebrating 20 years of sea going science on the 'new' Prince Madog and in 2023 we will be celebrating 75 years of marine sciences at Bangor University.