SOSA Reunion 2015
"A Phoenix Rises": A grand reunion of the School of Ocean Sciences Alumni (SOSA) to celebrate the completion of Marine Centre Wales. Find out more...
- Even Coral Reefs are affected by socio-economics
21 February 2019
- Prestigious early career award goes to PhD student
30 January 2019
- Year of the Sea Lecture Series now available online Watch your favourite lecture again, or catch up with those you missed
21 January 2019
- Why foraging for free is food for the soul
10 January 2019
- £1.85m study to investigate microbes “hitch-hiking” on marine plastics
13 December 2018
- Read all news
- Bangor Alumni website
- Marine Mammals Studies Network
- Marine Ecology
- Careers in Marine Science (CIMS)
School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA)
SOSA is run by the School of Ocean Sciences to maintain contact with past students in Marine Science and related studies.
All former students and staff of the School of Ocean Sciences (SOS), Bangor University are eligible for membership of the School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA) and unlike many such Alumni bodies our membership is free. All you need to do is to register your contact details and to inform us of any changes as they occur.
The SOSA sends out Newsletters to all past students & staff for whom we have an up to date address and they host social and careers events within Bangor University, such as Reunion Dinners, including the Jubilee Dinner, celebrating 50 years of Marine Science at Bangor University, held in June 1998.
Vice Chancellor Professor John Hughes visited the Virginia Institute of Marine Science, USA for an alumni event.
In 2008, we celebrated 60 years with a Grand Reunion, including a public lecture by Alastair Fothergill (Series Producer, Planet Earth, BBC Natural History Unit), tours, dinner and presentations.