SOSA Reunion 2015
"A Phoenix Rises": A grand reunion of the School of Ocean Sciences Alumni (SOSA) to celebrate the completion of Marine Centre Wales. Find out more...
- Royal Support for Scaling Up Collaborative Coral Reef Conservation
1 March 2018
- Starfish can see in the dark (among other amazing abilities)
16 February 2018
- We opened up all our data on coral reefs – more scientists should do the same to protect habitats
29 January 2018
- Study reveals long time scale of recovery for marine sea fans and other species
26 January 2018
- New NE African records of ancient climate support early dates for initial human dispersal Out of Africa
24 January 2018
- Read all news
- Bangor Alumni website
- Marine Mammals Studies Network
- Marine Ecology
- Careers in Marine Science (CIMS)
School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA)
SOSA is run by the School of Ocean Sciences to maintain contact with past students in Marine Science and related studies.
All former students and staff of the School of Ocean Sciences (SOS), Bangor University are eligible for membership of the School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA) and unlike many such Alumni bodies our membership is free. All you need to do is to register your contact details and to inform us of any changes as they occur.
The SOSA sends out Newsletters to all past students & staff for whom we have an up to date address and they host social and careers events within Bangor University, such as Reunion Dinners, including the Jubilee Dinner, celebrating 50 years of Marine Science at Bangor University, held in June 1998.
In 2008, we celebrated 60 years with a Grand Reunion, including a public lecture by Alastair Fothergill (Series Producer, Planet Earth, BBC Natural History Unit), tours, dinner and presentations.