- Tracking COVID-19 and other viruses in wastewater in Nigeria and South Africa
11 December 2020
- Plan some vitamin-sea: download a new ap to recognise sealife
2 December 2020
- Prehistoric communities off the coast of Britain embraced rising seas- what this means for today's island nations
5 November 2020
- Large tides may have been a key factor in the evolution of bony fish and tetrapods
30 October 2020
- Sewage signals early warning of coronavirus outbreaks
23 October 2020
- Read all news
- Bangor Alumni website
- Marine Mammals Studies Network
- Marine Ecology
- Careers in Marine Science (CIMS)
School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA)
SOSA is run by the School of Ocean Sciences to maintain contact with the many past students and staff members who have studied and worked in the Marine Science labs in Menai Bridge since they opened in 1948.
All former students and staff of the School of Ocean Sciences (SOS), Bangor University are eligible for membership of the School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA) and unlike many such Alumni bodies our membership is free. All you need to do is to register your contact details and to inform us of any changes as they occur.
We send out bi-annual Newsletters to link our present day staff and students to those who have passed through the marine science labs over the years. The newsletters are sent to all those for whom we have an up to date contact details, and advertise the various upcoming social and careers events we have planned.
In 2021 we look forward to celebrating 20 years of sea going science on the 'new' Prince Madog and in 2023 we will be celebrating 75 years of marine sciences at Bangor University.