- Arctic sea ice is being increasingly melted from below by warming Atlantic water
18 September 2020
- Funding boost for research to support the development of marine renewable energy in Wales
10 September 2020
- Mauritius oil spill: how coral reefs, mangroves and seagrass could be affected
25 August 2020
- Oceanic heat takes over atmospheric heating in melting back sea ice in the eastern Arctic Ocean
21 August 2020
- Research into Low Carbon Energy and Environment enters new phase
19 August 2020
- Read all news
- Bangor Alumni website
- Marine Mammals Studies Network
- Marine Ecology
- Careers in Marine Science (CIMS)
School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA)
SOSA is run by the School of Ocean Sciences to maintain contact with past students in Marine Science and related studies.
All former students and staff of the School of Ocean Sciences (SOS), Bangor University are eligible for membership of the School of Ocean Sciences Alumni Association (SOSA) and unlike many such Alumni bodies our membership is free. All you need to do is to register your contact details and to inform us of any changes as they occur.
The SOSA sends out Newsletters to all past students & staff for whom we have an up to date address and they host social and careers events within Bangor University, such as Reunion Dinners, including the Jubilee Dinner, celebrating 50 years of Marine Science at Bangor University, held in June 1998.
Vice Chancellor Professor John Hughes visited the Virginia Institute of Marine Science, USA for an alumni event.
In 2008, we celebrated 60 years with a Grand Reunion, including a public lecture by Alastair Fothergill (Series Producer, Planet Earth, BBC Natural History Unit), tours, dinner and presentations.