On this webpage you can find all the University’s academic Regulations, Codes of Practice, Procedures, and Guidelines, categorised by topic:
- University Awards
- Student Responsibilities
- Student Support
- University Operations
- Archive Documents
The Senate Regulations and Special Cases Committee has responsibility for regulations and other documents. All of these documents, unless stated otherwise, are part of the University’s quality assurance procedures and represent its QA manual. Any changes to the regulations within this area should be sent to Colin Ridyard, Senior Research Governance and Policy Officer (email@example.com).
Types of Documents – A Guide for Students
Regulations answer the question: What should be done?
Regulations also tell you what you can expect from the University and what the University expects from you.
Codes of Practice
Codes of Practice answer the questions: How should it be done? and Who should do it?
Codes of Practice provide information on how things should be run and dealt with throughout the University. The Codes help staff and students to understand how to follow the University’s processes to make sure that all students have a similar experience.
Procedures answer the question: What are the step-by-step instructions?
Guidelines answer the question: What should be done?
Guidelines give a recommended approach for doing something.
- Regulation – Regulations for Taught Programmes (01)
- Regulation – Regulations for Postgraduate Research Programmes (03)
- Regulation – Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) (09)
- Regulation – Senior Doctorates (12)
- Regulation – Regulations for Boards of Studies (15)
- Regulation – Producing and Issuing Certificates (19)
- Code of Practice – External Examiners: Research Degree (05)
- Code of Practice – External Examiners: Undergraduate and Taught Postgraduate (06)
- Code of Practice – Non-Award-Bearing Provision (14)
- Procedure – Student Complaints Procedure (01)
- Procedure – Academic Appeals Procedure (02)
- Procedure – Admissions Complaints Procedure
- Regulation – General Regulations for all students (13)
- Regulation – Regulation for Student Discipline (21)
- Procedure – Academic Integrity Procedure (05)
- Procedure – Termination of Studies (06)
- Procedure – Fitness to Study (08)
- Procedure – Suitability / Fitness to Practise Procedure (09)
- Code of Practice – Use of Postgraduate Students in Teaching (17)
- Policy – Panopto Policy
- Code of Practice – Career Education, Information and Guidance (04)
- Code of Practice – Inclusive Provision for Disabled Students (11)
- Code of Practice – Pastoral Support (15)
- Code of Practice – Course Representative System (16)
- Code of Practice – Peer Guide Scheme (18)
- Procedure – Placement Learning (03)
- Procedure – Approving Interruption of Studies (07)
- Regulation – General Regulations for Senate and its sub-committees (14)
- Code of Practice – Programme Approval, Monitoring and Review (08)
- Code of Practice – Policy and Code of Practice on Student Recruitment and Admissions (Admissions Policy) (09)
- Code of Practice – Collaborative Provision (12)
- Regulation – Force Majeure Academic Regulation (22)
- Code – Student Complaints and Appeals Procedure (10)
- Guidelines – Availability of Academic Staff (04)
- Honorary Appointments
- Nomination Form
- Briefing Notes
- Terms and Conditions