Do you want to be part of the growing Sport and Exercise and Adventure industries? Do you dream of working with elite athletes to help improve their performance? Do you want a better understanding of how science can be applied to sport and physical activity to improve your coaching and/or teaching ability? Do you want to develop your understanding of exercise as a medicine for people with health problems or want to promote the benefits of physical activity and exercise? Are you thinking of becoming a sport and exercise psychologist or a PE Teacher? If the answer to any of the above is ‘yes’, then studying a degree within the area of Sport and Exercise Science is the choice for you!
In many countries fewer than 5% of people meet physical activity recommendations and a similarly small percentage use exercise and sport to promote their health and prevent future health issues. Even fewer people are lucky enough to participate in competitive sport to experience the highs (and lows) that competitive situations can bring. However, there is a world-wide community of billions of people who enjoy watching, reading and talking about sport and exercise. The passion to watch sport is so powerful that it crosses cultural, ethical and political boundaries.
This interest, desire, need, and passion, whether to watch or take part, is why sport, health and exercise science is a growth industry and continues to shape all avenues of life. Our degree courses will teach you;
- what sport and exercise psychologists, exercise and health practitioners, sport scientists, or sport/physical activity coaches and teachers do, how they do it, and why
- what motivates sport performers and exercisers
- how to enhance the performance of athletes and coaches
- how and why exercise is medicine and its role in preventing health problems and rehabilitating individuals following injury and disease
- the skills required to work in the adventure and outdoor markets
If you love exercise, adventure or sport or are interested in rehabilitation and how exercise influences health, you’ll love our sports science degrees.