Please contact our dedicated Insurance Team for any further guidance
The University offers insurance cover from its providers but is only available to staff or students on our internal web pages (requiring a login).
When travelling overseas on University related business it is important that health, safety and cover matters are considered beforehand. All staff and students travelling overseas, including those attending conferences, undertaking field work and on work placements, are required to complete the on-line Overseas Travel Form.
This on-line Form enables the applicant to receive free University Travel Cover (for the period of work) and includes health and safety information that must be considered to meet the requirements of the University’s Policy Standard for Overseas Travel.
Before completing the Form please familiarise yourself with the information relevant to your travel. This can be done by visiting the following sites:
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office(FCO) – governmental advice on travel, potential danger areas and local practices
- The NHS – provides advice on overseas travel health considerations, including vaccinations. An alternative NHS site is available here
- MASTA – a “pay” service which will provide detailed health advice for travellers. Often essential when travelling to more remote locations
- HSS – the University’s Health and Safety Department provide general and detailed advice on health and safety considerations for travellers
- Schengen Area Visa Information
- UMAL Travel Cover Information – RiskMonitor Traveller and TravelPrepare
- Insurance – FAQs
Overseas Travel: you will need an Overseas Travel Cover Form and to complete the form you will need to have your Staff Number / Payroll number or Student number / Banner ID and the name of your College / School / department contact administrator.
The University arranged travel cover provides for those with existing medical conditions for emergency treatment only; it does not provide cover for anyone who has received medical advice not to travel.
Where possible travel bookings should be made using an ABTA member and be ATOL protected organisation. It is also advised to make payments using a Credit Card.
It is recommended that travellers scan a copy of their passport and email this to an easily accessible email account. This would allow for easy retrieval should your passport be lost or stolen.