Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information

Share and Support

Who can I speak to?

You can talk about all forms of sexual violence, harassment, hate crime, racism or any other related experience which you find to be unacceptable to our Student Equality and Diversity Officer who is specially trained to respond to disclosures and can provide expert advice and support.

You may also feel comfortable talking about an incident to your Personal Tutor, a Senior Halls Warden or a member of Student Services or Students’ Union staff. If they are not already trained to respond to disclosures they will put you touch with the Student Equality and Diversity Officer or a member of our Disclosure Response Team so that we can ensure you get the very best support.

Student Equality and Diversity Officer – Helen Munro
Tel: 01248 388021
Student Services – Neuadd Rathbone, College Road, Bangor, LL57 2DG
(Reception open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
Tel: 01248 382024

Report and Support Form

By completing this form you can tell us confidentially, about sexual violence, harassment or hate crime that you have experienced. The information will be sent to a trained member of our student support team and they will get in touch with you to offer you confidential support and advice.

Completing this form does not mean that you are reporting an issue formally to the University. The member of staff will discuss the various formal reporting options with you as part of the support we provide and we will only take formal action, following these discussions, if that is your wish.


Please tell us briefly about the issues you would like to talk to us about. You don’t have to go into detail and if you’d prefer to wait until you can speak directly to a member of staff, just leave this section blank:

Someone will contact you as soon as possible and make arrangements to meet with you to discuss the issues further.

We will use the details provided in this form to contact you to discuss the issues you are reporting.

What will we do?

We will listen to your concerns, help you to access appropriate support and make sure that all your immediate needs are met. We can also help you access local and national services that can provide you with more specialist advice and support.

We will tell you about the various formal reporting options avialable to you so that you can make the decision about reporting (or not reporting) that’s best for you. By telling us about an incident or issue, you’re not committing straight away to any particular course of action and we will always ensure that you are in control of what happens next.

This leaflet for students provides more information on the University's Sexual Violence Policy.

This leaflet for students provides more information on the University's Trans Student Equality Policy.

When you need immediate action to be taken to address harassing behaviour, it should be reported to the most immediately available member of staff so that they can take appropriate action to ensure a safe environment for students concerned.

If you have immediate concerns about your personal safety you can contact:

  • University Security on 01248 382795 or 333 from an internal phone
  • The Police directly on 999 in an emergency or 101 when not an emergency
  • Or ask a member of staff to do this for you.