Application for Student Finance - hints and tips
Hint and Tips
- When you have completed your application you will be required to send the Student Loan Company your original Birth Certificate if you don't have a valid Passport. Your Birth Certificate must also be accompanied by a completed Birth Certificate Declaration Form, which you can download from the above websites. Please note that they must receive original documents - they will not accept copies.
- You must provide your National Insurance Number to receive a Maintenance or Tuition Fee loan.
- You must have a bank account to receive your student funding. Please make sure that you provide your correct account details on your student funding application form.
- Apply for financial support as soon as possible even if you do not know which University you are going to go to. We recommend that you use your first choice. Make sure you provide the correct UCAS codes for that university and course. Please do not wait until you receive your results before apply for your funding.
- Apply for financial support as soon as possible even if you do not know which University you are going to go to. Put down the first choice that you have chosen for UCAS. Make sure you provide the correct UCAS codes for that university and course. If you decide to go to another university or study another course you must let the SLC know immediately. Please do not wait until you receive your results before apply for your funding.
- The SLC will assess your household income for the previous tax year and they will need confirmation of this. If this is a problem, for example your parents or partner are self employed or their income for the current tax year is considerably lower than the previous year, contact the SLC and they will advise you on what they will need.
- Make sure you complete your application form as soon as possible. You're advised to request/download and complete the form as soon as they become available. If you do not submit your application form before the closing date, the payment of your loans and grants may be delayed.
- If you have any queries or questions about what financial support is available call your funding organisation or feel free to get in contact with the Money Support Unit at Bangor University on 01248 383637 or email email@example.com
- External links - information about UK Student Loans Guide.