Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr David Edward Perkins
The Further Mathematics module aims to provide students with the more advanced mathematical skills and knowledge, which are essential for a successful progression to degree-level study in subject areas that require it. The module will cover a range of key topics including calculus, but will also place a strong emphasis on the application of knowledge and skills to a range of subject areas.
Topics covered by this module may include the following:
Sets and Functions: definition of set and function. Polynomial and exponential functions and their graphs. Modelling using exponential functions.
Number systems: integers, rational, real and complex numbers. Arithmetic. Solving quadratic equations.
Calculus: differentiation and integration. Applications, including optimisation, curve sketching and differential equations.
Vectors: definition of a vector, in 2 and 3 dimensions. Vector operations.
Trigonometry. Pythagorean identities and solution of trigonometric equations.
Grade D- to D+ Demonstrates a basic understanding of the subject but some errors present. Some inaccuracies and misconceptions evident. Limited ability to apply subject knowledge to new or different scenarios. The clarity of information presentation is weak and use of appropriate, subject-specific terminology is limited.
C- i C+
Grade C- to C+ A clearer understanding of the subject matter. Demonstrates ability to apply subject knowledge to new or different scenarios, but with some errors. The clarity of information presentation is acceptable and use of appropriate, subject-specific terminology is developing. There is evidence of some limited engagement with the wider literature and published information sources.
Grade B- to B+ A good understanding of the subject matter. Very few inaccuracies and misconceptions evident. Demonstrates ability to apply subject knowledge to new or different scenarios, with few errors. The clarity of information presentation is good and use of appropriate, subject-specific terminology is well-developed. There is evidence of engagement with the wider literature and published information sources.
Grade A- and above An excellent understanding of the subject matter with virtually no inaccuracies and misconceptions evident. Demonstrates a very good ability to apply subject knowledge to new or different scenarios, with very few errors. The clarity of information presentation is excellent and use of appropriate, subject-specific terminology is very well developed. There is evidence of engagement with the wider literature and published information sources.
Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to employ appropriate methods in mathematics.
Demonstrate an accurate understanding of higher mathematical principles and concepts.
Apply mathematical principles to different subject areas.
Present information clearly and logically using specialist vocabulary.
|Test 1: sets, functions and number systems||20.00|
|Test 2: trigonometry and differentiation||20.00|
|Test 3: integration and vectors||20.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
24*2 hour lectures
12*1 hour tutorials
Time spent working on guided and independent study and on the preparation of assignments.
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Solve problems logically and systematically;
- Analyse and display data using appropriate methods and mathematical techniques;
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Students will be required to access online resources. Use of personal computers or University facilities will enable this.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/ice-0102.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- H61F: BEng Electronic Engineering year 0 (BENG/ELEF)
- IN02: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business (Franchised) year 0 (BSC/CISBF)
- G40F: BSc Computer Science year 0 (BSC/CSF)