Digital Graphics (JS Canvas)
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
20.000 Credydau neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr David Edward Perkins
Digital Graphics are an integral part of electronic communications today and the need for these to respond to changing data is ever more important. This module aims to equip the learners with the required skills they need to turn data into code and then into dynamic digital graphics for web pages. Using Canvas API, learners will learn to embed digitally drawn graphics into html canvas elements with Java Script. This will prepare them to use their digital skills for displaying data analysis in a professional manner.
Indicative content includes:
- Understand the nature of digital graphics
- Understand the graphical process
- Use and understand a range of Java Script elements
- Understand how to use the HTML Canvas
- How to draw simple elements using html Canvas and Java Script
- Understand how to use the canvas to display existing graphics
- Manipulation of the Canvas (Placement, Rotation, Scale, Skew)
- Manipulation of images (Masks, Brightness, Colour, Effects)
- Simple animation
- Interpreting a business scenario to create a design and final solution.
- Review and justify design and development decisions made.
Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
Justify the designs and choices made.
Capable of designing and creating detailed graphics for a given scenario using Canvas and Java Script.
Review and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the completed solution.
Able to design and create simple graphics for a given scenario using Canvas and Java Script.
|Simple Graphics Portfolio||40.00|
|Detailed Graphics Portfolio||60.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Practical classes and workshops||
Classroom-based practical work, case studies, and group discussions.
Tutor-directed individual learning, including assessments.
- Literacy - Proficiency in reading and writing through a variety of media
- Numeracy - Proficiency in using numbers at appropriate levels of accuracy
- Computer Literacy - Proficiency in using a varied range of computer software
- Self-Management - Able to work unsupervised in an efficient, punctual and structured manner. To examine the outcomes of tasks and events, and judge levels of quality and importance
- Information retrieval - Able to access different and multiple sources of information
- Critical analysis & Problem Solving - Able to deconstruct and analyse problems or complex situations. To find solutions to problems through analyses and exploration of all possibilities using appropriate methods, rescources and creativity.
- Presentation - Able to clearly present information and explanations to an audience. Through the written or oral mode of communication accurately and concisely.
- Self-awareness & Reflectivity - Having an awareness of your own strengths, weaknesses, aims and objectives. Able to regularly review, evaluate and reflect upon the performance of yourself and others
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Problem solving strategies
- Analyse if/how a system meets current and future requirements
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Specify, design or construct computer-based systems
- Deploy tools effectively
- Development of general transferable skills
- Deploy systems to meet business goals
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain information systems
- System Design
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
- Knowledge and understanding of mathematical principles
- Knowledge and understanding of computational modelling
- Specify, deploy, verify and maintain computer-based systems
Rhestr ddarllen Talishttp://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/icl-1010.html
- Fulton, S. and Fulton, J., 2016. HTML5 Canvas. O'Reilly Media.
- Chinnathambi, K., 2016, HTML5 Canvas: From Noob to Ninja. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Geary, D., 2012. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development. Prentice Hall
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- H116: BSc Applied Data Science (Degree Apprenticeship) year 1 (BSC/ADS)
- H120: BSc Applied Data Science (Degree Apprentice - Coleg Cambria) year 1 (BSC/ADSC)