Teaching Gymnastic and Athletics
Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Gethin Thomas
This module will have a strong focus on acquiring the basic personal practical skills associated with safe participation and teaching a variety of Athletic Events (Track, Throws and Jumps) and Educational Gymnastics.
The module aims to enable students to acquire and develop;
1. Personal performance in a variety of – track events, throws and jumps 2. Officiating – measuring, timing etc. 3. Safe progressions for the development of safe and effective technique 1. Gymnastics 1. Personal performance - travelling, balance, partner work and basic vaulting 2. Safety - hazards and risk 3. Safe progressions for the development of safe and effective technique General 4. Provide experiences in order to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the requirements and applications of Athletics and Gymnastics within the curriculum (literacy, numeracy etc.)
Practical activity will be supported by further reading, accessible on Black board and reflective follow-up consistent with developing good practice. Also of importance will be the generic personal qualities of awareness, judgement and attitude, which allow individuals to operate safely within a group, in potentially dangerous situations. Each area of activity will focus on competitive, creative and technical issues. Students will be require to acquire a coaching qualification in one of the two activities
To achieve a C- grade, students need to: Most technical elements are met to a good standard; there may be a wide range in the execution of some elements
To achieve a D- grade, students need to: Most technical elements are met to an adequate standard; there may be a wide range in the execution of different elements
To achieve a A- grade, students need to: All technical elements are performed to meet the expected technical model.
By the end of this module students will be able to: 2. Acquire a coaching qualification in either gymnastics or athletics
By the end of this module students will be able to: 1. Perform effectively and safely as an individual and as a member of a group in both activities: Athletics a) Safely perform and complete a variety track, throwing and jumping events using correct technique
Gymnastics a) Safely perform; 4 travelling movements of increasing difficulty 4 balances of increasing difficulty 2 vaults of increasing difficulty b) Observe analyse and evaluate a partners performance in (1c) making technical recommendations for improvement c) Plan and perform a short floor sequence of both travelling and balance movements
|ARDDANGOSIAD/YMARFER||Gymnastics and Athletics||100.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Reading, private practice, obtaining coaching qualification
|Practical classes and workshops||
11 x 2 hr practicals at Treborth Track or Normal Site Sports Hall
This course will be taught through a combination of lectures, seminar, tutorials and workshops. For September 2020 we will be starting the academic year with a blended learning approach in response to Covid 19. For the most up to date information on this please look at https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/september-faqs.php.en
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
- self-appraise and reflect on practice
- plan and design practical activities using appropriate techniques and procedures whilst demonstrating high levels of relevant skills
- project manage and execute practical activities using appropriate techniques and procedures whilst demonstrating high levels of relevant skills
- recognise and respond to moral, ethical, sustainability and safety issues that directly pertain to the context of study including relevant legislation and professional codes of conduct
- undertake fieldwork with continuous regard for safety and risk assessment.
- develop effective learning aids
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
You will need to obtain a coaching qualifcation (learning outcome 2). Unsuccessful completion of Learning Outcome 2 will result in a cap at 29%. On completion the 29% cap will be removed. To ensure your degree learning outcomes are met and health and safety is maintained, practical sessions are compulsory. If you miss more than one practical session without genuine mitigating circumstances you will fail the module (due to not meeting the learning outcomes) and will either: • be asked to re-sit the module in the following year. You will be charged to resit this module • be transferred off the course to another of our degree programmes. You will have to make up missing credits required for your new degree. If additional learning and assessments are required to make up these missing credits you may be charged. You will graduate with a different degree title. Important: Students who fail the module (overall module mark less than 40%) or miss module assessments, will be required to undertake a resit or first-sit assignment in the Supplementary Assessment Week (SAW). The SAW will be held in July 2018 (exact date to be confirmed nearer to the time). If you are resitting your assignment, your mark will be capped at 40%.
Tailored readings (e.g. Coaching plans etc) are available for students on Blackboard
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C651: BSC Sport- Health & Physical Educ year 1 (BSC/SHPE)