Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Ruben Chapela-Orri
- To introduce students to the advanced level of the language.
- To enable students to develop more advanced oral skills.
This module runs during the first semester and is aimed at students with prior knowledge of French. The course is based on a communicative approach and helps students to enhance all the key language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. After each of the contact hours, students are expected to spend at least 30 minutes of self-study to revise and consolidate what they have learned in class. By the end of this course students will approach level B2 as defined by the Common European Framework, Language Assessment Scales.(1)
(1) Level B1-2: Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
40-49%: For the award of credit, students should demonstrate a satisfactory comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations at a basic level.
50-69%: For the award of higher grades, students should demonstrate a solid comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations.
70+%: For the award of the highest grade, students should demonstrate a detailed comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them confidently in specific situations.
An understanding of the following topics and functions - Talking about oneself and others: family; daily routine; preferences; likes/dislikes; hobbies and free time both in the present and in the past - Giving and understanding information about age, weight, height, appearance - Comparisons - Understanding descriptions of people and places - Recounting series of events
An understanding of the following grammar - Present tense: revision - Perfect tense: revision - Imperfect - Reflexive verbs - Modal verbs - Comparisons - Direct and indirect object pronouns - Order of pronouns - Time expressions
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2 contact hours per week for 10 weeks
Students will be given homework each week to complete. They will also prepare for two exams.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio